Chapter 37: Weight of Decision

Start from the beginning

"10 days....."

King of Inertia felt it was too short. The reinforcements of Mu will reached the country 3 or 2 weeks later, but they are up against a country that have a track record of conquering a Superpower and picking a fight with another one after a few weeks later.

They don't know what to do if the empire move to occupy the kingdom. The king knew well about the border war fought by the Gra Valkans and Muish, and the conclusion was very bad. If two powerful countries like Gra Valkas Empire and Mu fought like that in the soil of Inertia, they can't do a thing but to become spectators of the fight between two behemoths which might lead to the guaranteed devastation and destruction of their country.

A small and weak country of Inertia is being rip apart on who to stand or what to judgement do they have to conclude.

"I'll take my leave then."

Ceila and her escorts left the throne room. Leaving the king and his retainers silent.

"Escort them to safety and thoroughly protect the envoys of Gra Valkas Empire on the way to their ships from ignorant and foolish people, they might do something stupid to antagonize them."

"Yes My King."

"As I said captain."

"I'll stop any fools who might offend them, even If i offer my life, My King."

"Hmm...." Nodding in satisfaction, the king faced his vassals.

"Now, how do we respond?."

Everyone went silent, if they choose to fight, their country will be devastated. If they let themselves as vassal of Gra Valkas Empire, there might be some incentives but the retainers and vassals already been stripped by their privileges making it useless at that point, also it's too humiliating to be under the thumb of another country, inertia have been independent from any foreign influence or power for almost 800 years, so they can't stomach it.

"Nothing? Summon the Muish Ambassador."

"Yes My King."

An hour later

The Muish Ambassador Edmond finally arrived at the luxurious guest room of the castle.

"Sir Edmond."

The King approached the ambassador.

"I'm grateful for the hospitality."

"Don't mind it."

They settled on their respective seats and began their conversation. The king explained everything to Edmond, time is too limited to have any procrastinating thoughts.

"10 days..... Hmm, that's too short and might be too late."

"Too late."

The King contemplates. Unfortunately, the kingdom will probably going to be destroyed on his reign.

"My country, Mu, are already planning to evacuate the government officials of the kingdom and willing to accept the Inertian refugees from this conflict."

"I'm not running away, I will not live in shame of exile."

"By the looks of the terms given by the Gra Valkans, they don't plan to instate a puppet native king, probably the royal family of Inertia might be subjected to disposal to prevent any rebellion on the country."

"Can Mu save my country?."

"Right now it's Impossible, we might liberate the country.... Within few years."

The preparation and militarization efforts of Mu are somehow decently progressed. However, it's tedious and expensive. Right now, Mu might have the power to fight the Gra Valkas Empire to stalemate and attrition war, but outright defeating and driving them out of second civilization is Impossible. The numerical and technological discrepancy was too much for Mu to close at the moment.