Let's Build An Attendant

"I'm sorry, what?"

Freddy laughed nervously as his stomach hatch hung limply from his body. It was open and wouldn't close because it broke for a reason he can't explain. He looked sideways and his little animatronic ears lowered and swayed.

For whatever reason there was for why he came down here by himself, was unknown to you. Normally, almost daily, he'd come down here for a check-up or his hardwire malfunctioned... again. Freddy may be the star of the show up there in front of his fans, but down here, he was your patient 90% of the time.

Not that you cared all that much, he was friendly to talk to. He didn't like being shut down, not that you ever really needed to. That's not to say you didn't teased him about it. Freddy became a friend of your's rather quickly, small talk went to long chats, and long chats turned into a big brother and younger sibling sort of bond.

Yet, working on him was so trying at times. Trying, as in, it was always something new. Never did the same thing break or need repairs. However, it was always small, unlike what he brought today. Normally, he'd have an explanation or some kind of excuse. You'd worked here for two years and he always had an answer.

"I know you're lying dude. Tell me what really happened."

You crossed your arms and leaned on your left leg. Your right leg was in a brace and leaning on your crutch was not comfortable. You constantly reminded yourself that your life was a lot more important than your younger siblings driving lessons. Totaled your car because he speeded in a fifty-five. You were lucky you worked here or else you wouldn't even have the new vehicle you now own, nothing too expensive, just a small black two seater truck.

Lying wasn't something you were fond of, no one was. However, you absolutely hated it, it felt like you were being betrayed. It hit a button you didn't like being pushed. It was one, of others, that Freddy knew you didn't like. Whatever it was he was hiding, he clearly didn't want you knowing. Maybe it embarrassed him.

You sighed and fixed your ponytail. "Fine, let's say you did have a piñata that big, why wouldn't they just carry it? Actually, don't answer that, lazy dummies work here anyway," you said and motioned Freddy over to the cylinder in the middle of the room. "You don't have to tell me if it's embarrassing. You could have just said that instead of some lie, bro," you said, a small smile on your face. He sighed and helped you sit, not that you would admit that you needed it.

"Thank you, (Y/N). It means a lot to me." Freddy thanked hugging you from behind. He rolled your chair over to the protective cylinder and he laid down. "Okay, this is the biggest problem you've had. I may actually have to shut you down," you said raising a brow at him. He sat up quickly and you laughed. He grumbled and poked your head. "That is mean, (Y/N)," he said and laid back down. Your laughing quickly died down and you leaned over to pick the toolbox up.

You quickly got down to work and carefully took his chest plate off. If something was damaged inside, you'd do that first.

You leaned back and let out a loud sigh. An hour and a half you worked on Freddy and he had gone into power save mode. You yawned and looked at your watch, seven fifty-six (7:56 pm).

"Come on Freddy, wake up, I have to do a follow-up. Make sure everything works." you yawned out. You might get a coffee after this. His system started back up and he adjusted himself comfortably.

Freddy had this thing with follow-ups, he was ticklish. The sudden small bolts of demanding electrical shock that ran through his advanced mechanical limbs were not something he technically enjoyed. It was sudden and he wished it would warn him before moving his limbs effortlessly.

"Ready? In 3... 2... 1."

Freddy liked how you would tell him before starting. He would only request for you to work on him. You were gentle and careful with his sensitive wiring and endo-skeleton. The damn endo that nobody seemed to respect. Performing with a sore or broken endo was bad, but no one cared. You did though. That's why he saw you as a younger sibling.