"We need to be engaged first - obviously -and when we are my family is going to want to meet you. After a few weeks or months, depending on your preference we'll get married."

"I have to meet your family?"

"Yes."

"Oh god," I breath out. "Okay," I nod. "I can do that. Is there anything specific I need to know?"

"We can discuss details on saturday after you're settled in."

"Settled in as in..."

"When you've moved into my house."

"Moved into your what now?" I ask and my eyes grow wide.

"I'm starting to think you don't really know how marriages work."

"No, I know but I just- nothing. Never mind," I shake my head. "But do I have to move in before the wedding?"

"We're supposed to live together even before the engagement. It's tradition."

"You follow traditions?" I can't help but snicker and he nods. A mischievous little grin spreads across my face. "Well since we're following tradition and all," I slowly say. "It would only be right that you kneel and ask me to marry you."

He raises a brow at me and I smile at him.

He shakes his head with a little grin, looking down. "I don't kneel for anyone," he says looking back up at me.

My heart thumps in my chest by the simple look he's giving me. I feel this... feeling. It's like when you know your hand will burn when you touch something hot but for some reason you still wanna touch it because it's so luring.

I want to see that look again

I will, see that look again.

"It was worth the try," I shrug my right shoulder. "And by the way," I say throwing the rag over my shoulder. "The package you sent. Not very funny. At all."

"Package?" he asks, genuinely confused and I nod.

"Yeah. The one you sent me earlier. I'm guessing it was too scare me or something but it's just weird and creepy."

"I did no such thing," he shakes his head.

"You're kidding... right?" I ask trying to hold a smile on my face.

"No, Nirah. I'm not," he sternly says and from the tone in his voice I can hear how serious he's being.

"Oh," I frown looking down.

"What was in it?" he asks and my head snaps up.

"Uh, no- nothing," I shake my head. "It's okay," I smile.

"What was in it, Nirah?"

I swallow hard and shift my weight onto my other foot. "It was..." I slowly trail off, looking down. "A bloody pigs heart."

I don't look up at him and he speaks with an offended tone.

"And you thought I'd send that to you?" he asks and I look up.

"No- I just- I don't know," I sigh, shaking my head. "Silvia got this thing stuck in my head and now I'm- forget it," I shake my head. "It's stupid."

"And what could that be?" he asks but his tone is laced with amusement and interest.

"I think I've offended you enough for the night," I awkwardly laugh. "Just let it go," I nod.

He stands up and our bodies are merely inches apart.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at eight."

"I actually have to perform at eight so nine. Be here at nine."

"I'll see you at eight Nirah," he softly says before leaving.

I swallowed hard as I breathed in his scent. Wow he always smells amazing.

I snapped myself out of my daydream and remembered that I had to tell Silvia about the most questionable decision I had just made.

Silvia walked past my table but I grabbed her arm.

"I said yes," I softly say and she fully turns to me with a tray in her hands.

"Yes to what?" she cluelessly asks.

"To his proposal. I said yes to his proposal," I say and her eyes grow wide.

"You did what!"
___

HI EVERYONE<33
okay... so that just happened.
i feel so bad that she accused him. wow. his feelings were definitely hurt, lmao but she had to make sure - obviously.
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!