Chapter 15 ☪ Journey To House Cullian

Start from the beginning

    Although my plans had been delayed due to these issues, I and his highness the crown prince had been exchanging letters from time to time and reporting what was only needed to report. 

    I glanced at the piece of paper and scrolled it open, then a message suddenly appeared on the white paper. 

    "Miss, no– Lay Seira, it seems we have a slight problem, Lucia had been taken hostage by the three legged bandites, you must save her! " 

    Three legged bandites? I have never heard of them... Should I ask the knights? I'm sure they knew about them. Seems like he was ordering me to save his lover, as expected, he really cares for her. 

    We haven't reached House Cullian, and yet here he is commanding me to save her. If she had been taken hostage, we don't know where she and the bandits went, so instead of chasing after them with no plan at hand, I'd better lead my knights to House Cullian to ask information, to those who witnessed her being taken away or some sort.

    If he's talking about a bandites? Should they at least number more, a bandites who takes hostage with only 5-6 of them is impossible to exist. We are talking about bandites, a group of thieves who operate as a group not by person, they will never take hostage with only a few of them, I'm sure there are a lot. 

    So since I'm not sure how many are we dealing with, I will commence to seek reinforcement but getting House Crambells knights to House Cullian will take the same day as we arrive at House Cullian, it will be difficult for them to make an appearance.

    Furthermore, I believe House Krul territory is just near the port and having to come between House Cullian and House Krul is not far from it looks. I will personally meet House Krul, since they are a count's house, they might lend a help, if I can convince them to help.

    I read on the official documents written on my fathers desk that House Krul is one of the counts working under our house as a vassal, Count Gaspar is a man who has a wife that is very weak, he is also the 2nd division colonel.

    Surely he can lend a hand? I heard he is very close to father. 

    I turned my attention to a letter wrapped between white and black paper. It was the letter I had received before leaving our residence, the letter sent by his highness the crown prince through one of our private messengers. 

    The letter was clean and neatly tailored, so I took a knife out of the pouch and slit the envelope open, then I opened the paper.

    "Lady Seira, apologies for sending this quite late but I'm sure you're reading this after the departure. I have gathered information regardless of the three legged bandites, this information would have rather be helpful to you... "

    So according to the crown prince's investigation of the three legged bandites, they are cunning, sly thieves who only robbed people who's not wealthy or poor. They don't have any plans of robbing empty people, they only like to rob for fun. Unfortunately, there is an operation of more robbery at a nearby town, they said some bandits took jewels more than golds. 

    So they are lunatics who enjoy messing with poor people? I never heard such a thing, it's my first time hearing such ridiculous thieves. However, the next report I read was that they operate as a group, and they take after beautiful women to sell it on an auction or others take women for pleasure. 

    They are scumbags born from filth... So, the three legged bandits were rumored to have taken hostage of many female girls around 16 in below, at the southeast port, which is nearest from House Cullian and House Krul. No wonder, they are operating in this part of the empire, surely my father might know of this matter. 

    But they didn't solve this, yet? 

    He said they've taken refugees near the port, deep in an unknown location... I have not asked for a map so I'm not sure where, maybe House Cullian has a map of their own. 

    The original plan I've thought about will have to change. I thought we would only visit House Cullian, but I didn't think that we would have to resolve this issue that even my father has yet to resolve. 

    So much for teaching a girl... Ah! My god... 

    "Milady, " a familiar voice called and when I turned to look, it was Sir Adrian standing at the entrance of the tent. 

    "We set the traps as commanded, and dinner is going to be served soon, " he reported so I nodded. 

    However, his gaze seems like hesitance for some point. So I just sigh and stare at him. "What is it? Speak, while you can... " 

    "Are you really Lady Seira? " His question shocked me for some while, so my eyes widened up and I quickly took back my gaze and smiled. 

    So, he had never seen a lady like me? I crossed my arms around my chest and sat in the empty chair designed for me, then I crossed both my legs and clicked my tongue.

    "Yes and no, " is my answer. 

    "What do you mean? " He looked puzzled, his reaction was really priceless the more he became more curious and puzzled. 

    "Yes, and no... I am Seira Latina Crambell, daughter of Marquis Rodolph Crambell, and I am Seira a warrior, " seeing as he was more troubled made me laugh, surely I'm just telling the truth and I've conveyed it graciously.

    "You're not making any sense, " he exclaimed.

    "I am but myself, am I not? What if I told you that this self finds a new life and becomes thy self? Which means, no matter who I am? or what I am? Is not a question but the truth and the fact... " 

    Well, I'm not sure either... Who am I? Now that I live a life remembering my past, I once asked myself, are you Seira, a noble lady? Or are you Mei, the former military commander? And you know what I responded to? 

    I am Seira, a noble lady and will be Mei, a former warrior at heart. I will live a life between both and truth to be told, I'm doing it. 

    "Milady's words make no sense sometimes, " he complains.

    "Sir Adrien is a good man, I'm sure you'll figure out who is your master, me as the fake lady or me as my true self... "