""An everyday crook," you call them? Boy, that man's a hardened killer. He's murdered dozens of people for the sake of robbing their corpses. They don't get any worse for this fella," Says Sazanami, causing us to gasp as Naruto puts the photo back in his pocket.

"No way!" Hinata breathes.

"Are you kidding me?" Kiba utters.

I say with a frown, "They didn't tell us anything about it."

Hinata guesses as she glances at me, "Well, perhaps the Feudal Lord who's paying for this mission didn't even know it himself."

"A mission, huh?" Sazanami utters, gazing at the six of us curiously.

"Uh huh!" Naruto chimes as he points his thumb at himself. "The four of us are Hidden Leaf ninja out on an important mission."

I add, "We came to this town to capture Gosunkugi."

"Hidden Leaf...?" Sazanami murmurs with narrowed brown eyes, hand to his chin thoughtfully. "Is that so? You mean, you kids are ninja?" He lets out a laugh. "Well, I'll be! Can't say I never met a ninja who wasn't old enough to shave before."

"Don't make fun of us! Got it, old guy?!" Exclaims Naruto indignantly.

"Begging your pardon there, kid. Didn't mean to rile you up," Sazanami apologises. "Let's say you let me make it up to you? Some milk, maybe?" His tone is joking at this point which infuriates the Uzumaki.

"Get serious! Do I look like a puppy to you?! Ramen!!"

"Yeah, I'll forgive you for a cheeseburger," Says Kiba.

"Same," I say with a nod.

Hinata agrees, "I guess... if it's okay... then I'll have ramen also."

Scar says, much to the bounty hunter's surprise, "I'll have meat."

"A talking wolf? That's new. Fair enough, then. Right this way," Says Sazanami as he turns to lead us away. My teammates and I follow him.

Naruto presses, "Hey, old guy! What about miso ramen with pork?!"

"Fine by me. Have whatever you like," Sazanami offers.

The sun sets and turns the sky golden as Sazanami leads us to a grassy field outside the town. Naruto questions as Scar and I gaze around wearily, "So where the heck are we going? Man, we're not even in the town anymore! Hey! I don't see any ramen shop!"

"This should do," Says Sazanami as he pauses and turns to face us. "I don't see a ramen shop either. Guess we'll just have to forget about my treating you. Would've been a tasty last meal. I'm sorry you're gonna miss it."

Scar growls as I demand, "What are you saying?!" A smirk twists up his lips.

"This is the end of the line. You kids are gonna die out here," Sazanami says in an unwavering tone.

Naruto yells as we get into ready stances, "Now, wait a sec! What's the big idea?!"

"Well, you four kids know Gosunkugi is here, and that is a right fatal face," Says Sazanami.

"Yeah? So what? Why does it matter?" Demands Naruto.

"Gosunkugi is my pray—mine alone. I'm not handing him over to you or anyone else."

Kiba says, "Good for you! So why don't you go catch him already and leave us alone?!"

"Sorry. Left behind the ears though you still may be, it doesn't change the fact that you're still Leaf ninja." He unsheathes his sword and points it at us. "It's better to have fewer competitors—best to have none whatsoever."