5

Talon had been here a week now. He and Colin had been growing closer. It still felt weird to have a friend. Let alone a best friend. Especially considering Colin knew everyone at the school. And was on good terms with them. Except for Dillon. Talon had a hard time concentrating when he could feel Dillon's eyes staring holes through him everywhere. He hadn't tried anything as yet. But Talon knew it was only a matter of time. Poole like Dillon didn't take kindly to others questioning their power. He'd make a move soon. Which was why Talon didn't dare let his guard down.

It was Friday afternoon. Talon had just finished his last class. He was packing his things, getting ready to close his locker and leave. Colin was already gone. He had some family night thing to do. Talon sensed him before his locker door was slammed, barely missing his fingers. He turned slowly, glaring at Dillon.

"Can I help you?" Talon hissed.

"You're one cocky little shit. I'm so sick of you. You think you're an alpha, but I know better. I'll bet you're an omega. You can barely even talk to other people. Can't even look them in the eye. Pathetic."

Talon clenched his jaw. He lifted his head slowly, locking his gaze with Dillon's. "You think so? The pathetic one here is you." His voice had become a growl. "You think you're so powerful. That everyone should cower before you. But you're just a bully. You think if you control other people, that you're strong." He took a step forward, nose to nose with the alpha. "But you're weak. You're afraid. I can basically smell the stress pumping off you. You can lie to everyone else, but not me. I know what you are. A broken child, desperately grasping for something you barely understand."

Talon barely saw Dillon move before his head snapped to the side from the punch. Dillon's eyes were glowing red. His body began to ripple. Right before Talon's eyes, Dillon transformed into a large white wolf. Dillon bared his teeth, saliva dripping from his snout. He hundred down before pouncing. With a speed he didn't know he possessed, Talon ducked, then spun around in a crouch.

A mixture of a growl and his human voice tore from Talon's throat. His body felt excruciatingly hot, but it wasn't painful. It was relieving almost. For a second, Dillon's eyes widened and he took a step back. Talon felt his body rippling, organ and bones shifting. His skin began to itch as fur sprouted from it. Talon now stood before Dillon as a wolf. His fur was midnight black, but the tips were white just like his hair. He bared his teeth and snarled.

"Excuse me! Take this outside now!" Their math teacher stood before them, arms crossed. Talon walked confidently by Dillon, knowing the other would follow. Outside on the grass, Dillon charged at Talon's back. Talon whipped around, grabbing a mouthful of Dillon's fur. He lifted the other wolf up, throwing him over his own body. Dillon hit the ground hard, but came up fast. In this form, neither could speak. But Talon could still sense a kind of communication.

Dillon lunged, wrapping his Jaws around Talon's front foot. Talon let out a whine, but rammed his body into Dillon's. The force caused him to release Talon. Blood and drool mixed together, dripping onto the grass. Despite the pain, Talon stood his ground. His anger was strong, stronger than Dillon's. He could feel a sort of animal instinct taking over. He tried to hold on, but couldn't. His body reacted on its own, attacking Dillon repeatedly.

"Talon, stop!" A familiar person screamed. He blinked and suddenly Dillon was human again covered in blood. He was breathing, but unconscious. Talon realized his Jaws were clamped on Dillon's throat, about to bite down.
Quickly he stepped back, noticing the crowd that had gathered. Colin was in the front, an unusual look on his face. Talon closed his eyes, concentrating. He wasn't sure how to shift back yet. But if he focused, he could feel something. Slowly, Talon felt his body changing again.

He was a bit bloody, but he felt his wounds already healing. It hurt more than the injury itself, almost like his blood was boiling. He pressed his other hand to his wound and Colin sprinted to him.

"Oh my god, Talon, are you okay?!"

"I'm fine. It's not serious." The sight of his own blood made him slightly nauseous and light-headed though.

"Your eyes..."

"What? What about them?"

"They're...yellow."

Talon blinked. "What does that mean?"

Colin shook his head. "I don't know." Dillon stirred, lifting his head. He spotted Talon, who's eyes were still glowing a bright yellow. Dillon cowered slightly, crawling backwards. He cast his eyes down, staring at the ground. Talon knew somehow it was a look of submission. Dillon wouldn't attack him again. Someone began clapping, startling Dillon and making him jump.
Ethan moved forward, a predatory gleam in his gaze. "I knew there was something different about you. But I never expected this."

"Ethan, do you know something?" Colin asked.

Ethan turned to him and Colin shrank back a bit. "Not really. I have a few...theories. But nothing concrete." He locked eyes with Talon. "But you. You sure are interesting. I don't think anyone, alpha, beta, or omega, will bother you now. Not after this." He clapped a hand on Talon's shoulder, leaning in close. "But if you try to steal my rank, you'll regret it. I have some secrets of my own, pup." Then he walked away, hands in his pockets once more.

"Okay, I think I've had enough excitement for one day. I've gotta get home." His gaze landed on Talon's healing injuries. "Will you be okay?"

"Yeah. I think they're already healing. Go on. Your family's waiting for you."

"Right. I'll see you later." Colin gave Talon one last look before departing. The crowd began to disperse as well. But they all gave Talon a wide berth and refused to meet his eyes. Dillon stood up and limped away. They were all afraid of him now. Talon felt guilty about it. He didn't want others to fear him. He just wanted to be left in peace. With a sinking feeling in his gut, Talon went home.