Traveling with the Magician

3rd POV:

You purse your lips into a thin line, annoyed. You're not yet used to controlling your body whatsoever, so after faceplanting onto the train cart floor in front of Hisoka he took it upon himself to make sure you don't do that again and are now piggyback riding the magician. "Is this really necessary?" You ask, breathing heavily to somehow get it to happen automatically like how it should. "Yes. You want dignity, and this is more dignifying than letting you flop around like a fish." He smirks, at which you huff. "What are we taking now?" You ask, averting your gaze from him and looking around as the two of you leave the train. "A zeppelin, both this place and our destination got airports." Hisoka explains, walking in a set direction, clearly having been here before.

"I'll leave it to you, then." You say, noticing you're tired despite clearly sleeping a while ago. It's either from still needing sleep or oversleeping, but you have no idea which one it is. You huff, your eyes still droopy, and rest your head on the closest surface, which so happens to be Hisoka's head. You can't see anything over his red fluffy hair clouding your vision, but you don't really care. "What is it?" He asks, but you just growl "Cut me some slack, I feel like shit after just dying. Again.". This causes him to chuckle, and his tone gets slightly softer, but way more serious as he replies a "Just this once.". You listen to the noises of the city as you're carried while zoning out, not really thinking anything. Afterall, everything has worked out when you first died, it will work out again. With peace in your mind, you relax.

"Alright, I got to set you down now, I need to buy us tickets." Hisoka says some time later, breaking you out of your trance. "No problem." You respond, lifting your head from him as he sets you down on the airport bench. "I'll be right back, don't run off anywhere.~" He grins, to which you roll your eyes. If you tried that, you would end up stumbling around like a drunk and maybe getting driven to a hospital or even arrested. Using nen would be another story, though. And so instead you wait, looking around boredly. There's normal people, normal things, and normal warm weather outside. Nothing notable, really. It's boring. This is why you always slept when hosts were not threatened, so you wouldn't be bored and waiting as life moves on... Having a body will change a few things. But then you remember what you did most of the time all the way back when you were alive - training. You look down at yourself and decide to use this time as an opportunity instead of a burden and flex your fingers to get used to the fine movements. You move your legs as well, and even though they have the hardest time obeying you, you keep on moving. The most reliable thing is your voice, as talking with your own body and talking using manipulation is actually not that different in your eyes.

The issue of controlling your body comes from the fact that when you possessed a host, you were always using nen manipulation, which is significantly different from controlling your own body. It was a while since you were alive, so it'll take time to get used to this new state.

You keep on trying, and slowly it gets a little better. Hisoka isn't coming back still after a while, and you start to wonder if it wasn't him who ran off. You doubt it due to his nature of staying interested about you, but in case he won't come you'll manage. Playing around with your hands, you roll up the sleeve a little and find many scars. This aligns with Hisoka's explanation of the Troupe torturing a guy and then offering up his body to your soul/nen when you were dead, and it's a fact some marks stay even when the body is possessed, but those are not common. You begin to hum a tune, opening and closing your hands in rhythm. You stop when you realize you're there like a child staying put and waiting for their mom, but instead of getting upset you find it slightly amusing. These little silly things will be common, that's for sure.

You look up from your hands when you hear a TV in the corner, the words said getting your attention. "Yorknew City has been officially declared destroyed by the government of the United States of Saherta today at 1 pm, and a group of Hunters were sent by the Hunter Association to investigate the mysterious phenomenon that wiped the city from the map at 10:34 pm yesterday. All that is left of the once bustling center of trade is now a giant crater spanning 9.5 kilometers (6 miles) from north to south and 11 kilometers (11 miles) from east to west. The military of the country has been fortified and the neighboring countries are being investigated under the probability of a weapon of mass destruction being developed. It's not out of the question that the United States of Saherta are the ones that tested the weapon on their own city, but economy experts disagree. We have a reporter on the scene, how are things over there, Hajime?" The reporter announces in one breath before the camera cuts to a man standing in front of the crater. "Hello Inuzaki, at the site there's many professional Hunters swarming around, and military personnel is also present. I have to say, looking at the aftermath and knowing hundreds of people died here is sending shivers down my spine! So far there is no official statement on the cause of the incident, but trained personnel are hard at wor-" He says but is suddenly cut off by wailing. "No! My wife! My kids! Where are they?!" A man shouts enraged in the background, and the cameraman wastes no time and zooms in on the person. There's a man in a suit yelling at a man in military uniform and a rifle in hand.