Part 3

"Will the following students please come to the office : Sofia Rose, Emily Fields, Aria Montgomery, Spencer Hastings, Hanna Marin

"Will the following students please come to the office : Sofia Rose, Emily Fields, Aria Montgomery, Spencer Hastings, Hanna Marin."

The girls gather together in the hallway to head to the office together, confused and annoyed about why their presence is required. Aria's phone rings "wait. It's from A." Hanna reads the message out loud "dead girls walking." They stay silent and make their way into the office. Wilden is waiting for them, he wants to go over what happened the night Alison disappeared.

"So let's see... you thought you heard her scream." He says looking at Spencer, reading from the report "I-I said that, yeah"
"And when you four woke up in the barn, Alison was gone, and so was Spencer." Spencer takes charge in responding, which probably makes it look suspicious but oh well, Sofia is too busy glaring at the cop and the other girls are too scared. "Yes, I woke up before them. And I realised that Ali was missing so-" she's cut off by Wilden, as usual he sounds like an accusatory jerk "so you went looking for her."

"That's what happened." Spencer states annoyed but keeping calm. "I got that. So, what's up? Was this a slumber party, or...?" His continued questioning makes Sofia squint at him, questioning minors without a adult present? "is this an interrogation?" "No, just a routine follow-up. Why did you guys all fall asleep?" Is he serious? Like.. actually? What a dumbass. Aria finally says something "I guess we were tired." He raises a disbelieving eyebrow like it's so hard to believe a group of teenagers could fall asleep late at night. "Tired? Really. Is that how you remember it, Hanna?"

Hanna looks uncomfortable and barely makes eye-contact with anyone "yeah." Wilden nods to himself, scoffing lightly "yeah, you guys were tired." Spencer says "look, we've told you everything we know, just like we did the night she went missing." Yet another dumb sentence leaves his mouth, no surprises there "I know, and you see, the thing is, it's almost exactly what you said last year - Almost like it was rehearsed." Sofia chuckles a little, unsure she actually just heard that "funny thing about the truth, Officer, it doesn't tend to change with time." With that he lets them all go.

After leaving the office, the girls now sit in the school canteen discussing the situation. "He know we're lying." Aria lamely exclaims, Hanna is suddenly much calmer "lying is not a crime." Spencer being Spencer, is quick to correct her "It is when you're giving false statements to the police. It's called obstruction of justice." Hanna rolls her eyes at the youngest Hastings "Oh, please! We lied about drinking. But the truth that matters is we don't know anything about what happened to Ali that night."

"We also know about someone who might have wanted to hurt her." Spencer interjects. Emily sighs looking guilty "We should have told the police the truth about Jenna's accident the night it happened." Hanna scoffs at her "I wanted to, remember?" Aria leans forward "We had a chance to do more than just tell the truth. We had a chance to stop Ali." Sofia has had enough with this, it's pointless and their getting nowhere. "But you didn't. And telling the police now about what happened to Jenna Isn't going to make her see again. It'll just ruin your lives." Aria rolls her eyes slightly huffing "it's easy for you, you weren't apart of it."