Chapter Nine ☆★

♥︎★★★★★★★♥︎

Phoenix's p.o.v

I woke up missing the body that was once lashed next to me. Zayn begged to sleep in the same room with me yesterday and I allowed him only he slept on the couch. But then I had a nightmare and he ended up sleeping right next to me.
I was wearing an ash silk night gown, I slipped my legs into my ash bunny slippers. I chuckled inwardly. Magnus got me all my clothes.

I stepped out into the hall and wandered about hoping to find any of them. I looked everywhere even bumping into X and giving him a small wave before searching again. I became tired so I was going back when I heard some voices. I recognized ace's voice and immediately after Magnus's. I stepped into the room and it was huge.

It was like a library with books all around and a cozy looking island in the middle. The whole room was mainly brown in colour.

Magnus looked up from the book he was holding when I stepped into the room.
"Morning nix" Magnus said dropping the book upside down. How was ur sleep?
Ermmm! It was fine thanks

I nodded in the direction of Ace letting him know I knew he was their
He replied by a curt nod of the head before talking again to Magnus.
"Well I'll be going now lil bro" ace mumbled not waiting for Magnus's reply before stepping out.

We were alone now

"W.. we" I started only to be cut off by Mag

I know nix. You and Zayn are mates. Just listen to what I have to say.

Centuries ago the angels had a disagreement with the early descendants of werewolves about their mating process. The wolves obviously took this offensive and charged straight back at the angels. The war continued for some time until Thena the goddess angel came up with a solution. She believed her side was at fault for the war so she cursed them. Saying that they would one day go through the mating process. Many angels didn't believe her, the wolves only watching and waiting in amusement. Years passed and the curse never came to pass so they made fun of her. Even the council and they eventually decided to dethrone her. Angry and hurt she wandered away. No one heard of her again but before she went she reminded them of the curse.

Silence filled in as I pondered over what mag just said. We're Zayn and I a curse.
If we were the result of a curse from centuries ago I don't think this should be a good thing.

No actually it is. Nothing Is bad a bout the coming together of two souls that were meant to be. The only problem here is that soon the council will hear about this and it wouldn't be a pleasant discussion. Lord Finnegan and Lord Ryder have been trying to help. They felt the connection spark when you guys found out you were mates.
The werewolf community are waiting in silence to see what will happen. But they are amazed by the outcome of a century old case. You and Zayn are in for a lot.

I still don't understand Magnus. Why is the council against the mating process.

Don't you see Phoenix, it's for a very silly reason. Our very world came form the angel alumna. They are enraged that they have been cursed with the mating process. The werewolves have seen jest in this. The council are willing to end this so called misery by any means.....

Even by killing you and Zayn.

"What" I exclaimed

Killing us?

Is it that bad

Aren't we already dead

Or do you mean dead as in actual dead as in ready dead for lord Ryder
Magnus looked at me in the eye and nodded. I could see the sorrow and pain filled in them. Could he really be serious. The air got thick and I couldn't breath. I felt like crying. I felt like staying in my brothers arms. But he wasn't here.

I turned around to leave the room. My eyes were teary and I couldn't see. Just as I took a turn towards the door I banged into something or rather someone really hard. Through my tears eyes I looked up to find Zayn standing right in front me with a hand on me supporting me from falling just he way he held me when he plunged the dagger. For a second I thought it was happening again. I thought he was the old Zayn I knew. I thought what happened yesterday was just a dream.

But all my thoughts were crushed when he hugged me tight. He held me so close I could feel his racing heart beat. Not knowing what to do. I just rested my head in his chest as he led me away from the room.

He took me to the balcony in my room and sat me down Offering me a glass of water.
"Nix..." he started fumbling with his fingers as he stood by the railing. He took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes. Those pair of windsors i couldn't resist

Nix, I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for the years before now, I'm sorry for the injuries I inflicted, I'm sorry for the tears that fell down ur beautiful face. For the bruises and cuts I left on your beautiful skin. I'm sorry for the nights I made you cry, the days I made you scream in pain. I'm sorry for separating you and your brother. I'm sorry for what I did that night in the party. I'm sorry about what I did to you. I'm sorry about what I said. I'm sorry that you had to put up with me. I'm sorry that I'm here right now. And I hope you will forgive me even though you don't accept me.

Zayn took a shaky breath and looked me in the eye a i stood up.

I know you are Zayn, I know you are sorry. I forgive you the night before. I didn't know whether that was a great idea but right now I'm happy I forgave you. And I wouldn't do anything than to accept you.

You've had your hardships and I've had mine.

Let's drop the past and look forward to the future. Because I already look forward to a future with you. We will take care of our problems together forever. No matter what, I will never leave you.

Zayn stood up and came to me and said three words. I love you

Then he kissed me, and I kissed him back our salty tears mixing in

And then I knew I truly forgave him and we would go through this together.
Me and him forever.

Because I actually did..... love him.

                        ♥︎★★★★★★★♥︎
Lee lix❤️