Chapter 16

George's POV:

Lee and I wait in the kitchens, 5 minutes have gone by and the elves are telling us if we don't ask for food any time soon that they'll kick us out.

" you guys know us, we always get food" Lee says.

" yous never take this long!" A high pitched elf says.

" I thought y/n was coming?" I say.

" I thought Fred was coming?" Lee says at the same time.

" maybe they're together" Lee says as he nudges my arm, I don't laugh.

" oh come on it's a joke"

" it's not funny" I tell him.

" why? Because you're afraid she's going to fall in love with him instead of you?" He calls me out.

" shh!" I hush loudly to him when y/n and Fred walk in together.

" sorry we're late, blame y/n" Fred says as he joins us.

" no need to point fingers" y/n answers, when she turns around Fred points at her with both hands while also giving her bunny ears and she doesn't realise.

On a clean and clear side, we all jump and use it as chairs, I feel honoured when y/n hops up and sits next to me although it probably wasn't on purpose, still she doesn't seem to realise how happy it makes me. 

" how come the elves don't snitch on yous for sneaking in?" She asks.

" I thought the answer was obvious by now, everyone loves us" Fred replies smug, he helps himself to a red apple while we wait for dessert.

Y/n rolls her eyes.

" elves love their job, we are only helping them by giving them more to do" I answer her.

A elf with a crooked neck walks back in with a tray full of different puddings, " besides this one" he says nodding his head at me, " keeps asking us to add more-"

I kick the elf, too hard by accident, when it falls back and whimpers y/n gasps, I cover my mouth and I hear Fred snicker.

" sorry, reflexes" I say, Lee leans into me so he can laugh without them seeing.

Y/n slaps my arm, it's a powerful hit, she then jumps down to help the elf up, who looks furious at me.

" are you okay?" Y/n asks sympathetically, leaning down to its level.

The elf blushes from y/n's touch and begins to softly cry, oh I didn't hit it that hard.

When y/n sees it sniffing, she grabs it a tissue and walks him back to the kitchen, shooting me an angry look on the way out.

Fred laughs again, " even an elf is getting more attention from her than you", Lee bursts out laughing.

" I have her attention!" I snap, " I'll have you know we went on a date yesterday" I say proudly.

" did you enjoy it?" Lee asks.

" yes" I say straight away.

" good because it's the last one you're gonna have" He says trying not to laugh at his own joke.

" sorry" I whisper to y/n when she returns, still sitting next to me.

" hey y/n" Fred says to her, I sorta wish I never introduced them to each other.

I didn't think of myself as a jealous or possessive person until I realised how much I hate it when she receives other attention.

" on a scale from 1-10, how much would you love to help Fleur?"