Chapter 13

George's POV:

" she's really smart but really stupid" I say, I quickly pick up the fresh bouquet of red roses from the bin that I threw them in a second ago out of frustration.

" she didn't seem mad" Fred says as he lies on his stomach.

" yeah she only called you a jackass" Lee tells me, i furrow my eyebrows.

" she did?" I ask.

" I thought we agreed on not telling him?" Fred says disappointed to Lee.

" why would you not tell me?!" I ask irritated.

" because we didn't want you to cry about it!" Fred exclaims.

" I wouldn't cry about it I don't care!" I tell him.

" good" Lee mumbles.

" so when she said it what tone was it in? Like was she really angry or did she say it lightheartedly-"

" George you're not 11 anymore if you like y/n so much just ask her to the ball" Lee tells me.

" I can't" I tell them.

" why not?" Fred asks, like he's curious to know and not asking for the sake of it.

" because... she's out of my league"

" so?" Lee asks, I frown at him.

" I don't want her to say no and if she does I'll look like an idiot" I admit.

" you look like an idiot anyway" Fred says, Lee chuckles. They have the humour of a child but if it wasn't directed at me I'd probably laugh too.

" it's not funny" I say annoyed at myself, I'm getting tired of her being on my mind 24/7.

" she thinks I want to ask out Angelina"

" well we did try to save you" Fred says.

" yeah you're the one who lied to y/n to have tea with another girl" Lee reminds me only making me feel worse.

" I need to go" I say rushing off the bed, I look at myself in the mirror and shape myself up.

" to where?" Lee asks.

" to ask y/n out before someone else does" I say as I grab the flowers off the bed.

I practically sprint down to the Beauxbatons carriage and I believe it's fate when the perfect timing takes place, y/n is just about to head to open the door when I'm nearly there, I shout her name.

" really need to start running more" I say when I reach her, panting for breath.

She smiles a little.

" here, these are for you" I say handing her the roses.

She gracefully accepts the bouquet and scans it as half the petals have fallen off.

" it did look a lot better before I sprinted here" I tell her, she looks a bit disappointed or sad, I can't tell.

" Y/n I'd really like it if you would be my date to the-"

" George wait" she says interrupting me.

" I really appreciate these flowers but I don't want to be your second choice" she says without realising she's pulling slight puppy dog eyes.

" second choice? You're not my second choice, you're my only choice" I tell her stepping closer.

She doesn't look convinced, " but I saw how happy you were with Angelina"

" that was nothing" I inform her.

A few girls are trying to get past, I take y/n by the arm pulling her away into a more private area.