Chapter 14

Y/n's POV:

George stands at the front of our table and doesn't take a seat, he rubs his chin while looking at us, then with his index finger points between Fred and me.

" this is your date?" He asks Fred annoyed.

" relax, we went as friends" Fred says calmly, George laughs in a scoffing matter.

" course you went with him" George says looking at me directly in the eye.

" you only wanted to go with me as friends, what does it matter who I go with?" I ask managing to stay calm.

" it matters because it's my fucking twin brother! The one everyonee likes more" George says emphasising on the last sentence.

Fred sneakily pushes his chair back as he pretends to stretch then slowly raises out of it, running to the dance floor.

George takes his place in the empty chair.

" I ask you and you say no, Fred asks and you say yes?" He says like he can't believe it, " did you get you a bouquet of flowers?!"

I shake my head is disbelief as my golden dangly earrings shake, " so if someone else asked me that wasn't your Fred, you'd be okay with it?"

" no!"

" no because I still wouldn't have a date because you rejected me!"

" you asked me to go as your friend!"

" so did Fred!" He shouts, it catches the attention of a few people on the floor but they return dancing again afterwards.

" Fred is my friend! A much better one than you are! Unlike with you, I've had no arguments with him since I got here!"

George scoffs and won't stop pulling dirty looks every time I speak, " please thats because he doesn't care about you as much as I do!"

" you must care about me so much to ruin my night! I felt sorry for going with Fred at some point as well, I shouldn't have!"

" shouldn't have gone with him? Yeah I agree!"

" why are you being such a jerk about this?!" I ask annoyed, getting angrier by the second.

George pulls his face down with both of his hands distressed, " you don't get it!"

" no I don't! Explain it to me! Why is it every move I make always concern you! Always has some kinda impact on you that makes me feel bad!"

" because you're just like everyone else! You prefer Fred over me! It's always Fred this, Fred that!" He exclaims throwing his hands up in the air.

" you know what I'm not surprised everybody prefers Fred! You make me miserable and I was happier in Beauxbatons!" I yell.

I don't know how long we've been shouting at each other for or how loud, but suddenly all eyes are on the two of us. Mcgonagall has to clap to grab the attention of students as she plays an upbeat song.

George looks at me with saddest eyes, the anger on his face has faded and he is slouched back on the chair, when I meet his eye he looks at the ground before clearing his throat.

Then he slowly stands from the chair and walks back the way, exiting the hall.

I stare at my empty hands when I feel a reassuring hand touch my shoulder.

It's Lee, " he'll cool off, let's go to the party" he says.

Before I can respond he grabs me by the arm and pulls me out my seat, Fred walks past and pivots, quickly showing me the cheeky bottle of fire whiskey tucked away in his suit.