4 | Realistic Dream

"... Finally."

Eleanore rested her head on the table after finishing all the paperwork she needed to do.

While doing so, she was able to learn about other households and how the world works.

Feeling the tiredness that kept eating her away, she complied and closed her eyes while think of nothing in particular except sleep.

She was greeted by darkness, but there was also a familiar voice calling out for her, as if interrupting her to sleep.

“... Lena.”

(... Huh? That's my previous life's name...?)

“Lena, it's Eleanore.”

(... What?)

Eleanore's eyes opened, and she was greeted by a familiar ruby eyes, standing in front of her.

"... You are..."

She immediately realized that she was in a dream.

She found herself in the middle of a garden, full of beautiful roses and a bright blue sky that filled the atmosphere around her with its warmth. 

However, she didn't expect Eleanore would show up, looking graceful as she stared at her with a casual smile.

*Note :
She/Her - Original Eleanore
She/Her - Eleanore

(... Is she really Eleanore? I feel like I'm looking at myself.)

"... Are you Eleanore?"

“Yes, it's nice to meet you, Lena.”

Her voice was firm and strong.

"... I-if you're Eleanore, then... why am I here? Where are you? What did you do to me?"

Eleanore sighed deeply and crossed her arms, taking a step forward toward her.

“I died.”

"... What?"

Eleanore tilted her head at her, confusion written all over her face.

“I died because of my illness that I kept from everyone.”

Her eyes widened in surprise, as she didn't expect Eleanore to have an illness in the first place.

"You have an illness...?"

“Yes, but it's not really that important since I'm good as dead.”

"... Is that really unimportant? Are you feeling alright?"

She asked worriedly, narrowing her eyes at Eleanore.

“Stop being a pathetic worrywart, Lena.”

"Ah, hahaha..."

Eleanore laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of her head until she realized something.

"Wait... how do you know my name?"

(It's been a while since someone called me that.)

“... It's a long story.”

"Make it short."

Eleanore twitched her brows in displeasure, but she decided to go on with Eleanore's absurd request.

“... I knew I was dying. That's why I need insurance to keep my plan alive. For that intention, I used black magic to switch our souls in case I died earlier. That's why your soul went inside my current body. Though, it now belongs to you.”