In truth, you desperately wanted this to be some kind of twisted joke.

It's gotta be a joke.

You didn't want to believe that what he's telling was actually true.

I mean, why would he wait to tell you this now?!

Just when your feelings for him were beginning to blossomed in your heart, he tells you he's married. Though, it really shouldn't have come as a surprise to you, since you figured as much, considering how sexy Tengen is. He seems to be attracted to anything he considered "flamboyant" and you figured you were anything but.

You thought he was sweet, eccentric, and perhaps a little annoying from time to time, but you found him rather charming.

You'd been happy when he seemed to be fascinated by you and your heart would burst with a schoolgirlish kind of affection to finally have someone pay attention to you the way Tengen did.

"(Name)." He voice is soft, when he calls your name.

You felt something wet land on your lap and realized that you had been crying. The dam finally broke as you immediately went to wipe them away.

Why are you crying? This shouldn't be bothering you as much? You hardly even knew Tengen well enough to be crying over him.

Perhaps, you really have gotten yourself in too deep. Maybe you had been desperate for love and acceptance. You have forgotten what's your occupation in life! You're a maid working in a shitty brothel.

"S-sorry." You say, though you don't why you're apologizing?

"Why are you telling me this, Uzui?" You laughed weakly, glancing up to see him staring at you with an unreadable expression.

You quickly tried to play it off like this wasn't effecting you in any way, shape, or form as you pushed back your feelings and shot him a sad smile.

"Y-you're in a brothel. We have a lot customers here who are married men. So it's of no concern to me as to what goes on in your personal life." You tell him.

However, Tengen wasn't stupid. It was obviously his confession hurt you more ways than one. He was angry that you were desperately trying to play it off like it didn't. But mostly at himself for making you upset.

"Stop that!" He suddenly says, "don't give me that crap after I just made you cry a river."

You bit your bottom, feeling your sorrow gradually being replaced with anger and envy as you mindlessly began to stroke your hair anxiously.

He was making you angry.

You should've never gotten too emotionally attached; you always told yourself not to mess with married men. If what he's saying is true, then you refused to be a home-wreaker. Despite your feelings for Tengen, you didn't want any part of it.

Your body acted without thinking as you immediately stood up and walked towards the door, "then get someone else, you jerk!"

Just before you tried to reach for the shoji, Tengen rushed towards you and slammed his hand down on the door to stop you. You were taken aback by the speed that he was executing as your anger now became fear─feeling him cage you in. You were slightly shaking at the thought of him forcing himself on you as your eyes widen cause you nearly forgotten why he was here in the first place.