Courtney closed the door gently and smoothed out her clothes, before walking to the table and fiddling with the radio, seemingly not even acknowledging Brendan's existence. She spin the knob of the radio around, switching between various channels.

Without looking at him, she said "Sorry for the wait, I was having lunch out here. It was quite tiring, you know, dragging your unconscious body all the way out here then setting up this room."

"Mmmm! Mmm!" Brendan tried to say something, but the duct tape over his mouth muffled whatever he tried to say.

(AN: Feel free to listen to this song until the next bold line)

Suddenly, the radio started playing a song not dissimilar to Unovan 80's era music. Satisfied, Courtney set the radio down, tapping her feet to the rhythm. She stroked towards Brendan, bouncing up and down, stepping back and forth, bobbing her head to the rhythm of the song, even stopping to twirl in a circle. She stopped right in front of Brendan, and bent down to look him in the eye, smiling.

"Well well, here we are. You've been quite the annoying little shit, haven't you, Brandon, Birdon, Breadman, whatever the hell your name is. Screwing with our operations, kicking our beloved grunts' asses, mine too a few times. Not quite such a smug little snake without your Pokemon by you huh?"

Brendan shook in his chair, still trying to get free.

Courtney snapped her fingers in his face. "Hey! Hey! Look at me when I speak to you! It's rude, doing that!"

Brendan glared at the admin. 'If only I have my team with me.' he thought 'I would wipe the floor with you in an instant!' Brendan then swung his head forward, trying to headbutt her, but he missed, coming just centimeters short of her forehead.

Courtney didn't even flinch. "Oh my, looks like you still got energy in you. Heeheehee! This activity will be very fun!" she said as she ran a finger down Brendan's chest. Suddenly, she used that same hand and slapped Brendan across the face, causing his cheek to sting with pain. "Oops, my hand slipped!" she said in a teasing manner.

Brendan continued making muffling noises from behind the duct tape. Had that thing been off, he'd cuss her out in ways she didn't know was possible. Courtney sighed and went back to the radio, turning up the volume a bit. Brendan continued making noises, causing her to impatiently turn around and walk towards, a piece of metal in her hand. Suddenly, that metal object extended into a switchblade and she slashed Brendan across his cheek, causing him to produce a muffled scream and pant heavily. He looked down in shock at the blood dripping onto his legs. Now, Brendan's scared.

"Shut up, will you? I'm trying to concentrate!"

She stood up and started walking around him. "I'll do the talking. You only talk when I tell you to, got it?"

Brendan said nothing, only breathing heavily.

"I'll take that as a yes. So, first question! How did you intercept all of our plans? Conveniently almost always right before we actually go through with them, or right as they're about to succeed? In fact, its almost like an invisible force is keeping us from moving on with our objective until you arrive! Well?" She peeked over his shoulder.

Brendan tried to signal her to take off the tape so he can speak. Fortunately, she seemed to get the message, "Oh, silly me. Can't talk with this over your mouth!" Courtney peeled the tape off, and Brendan gasped for air. "Now talk. What's your answer?"