"I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us." Agnes' statement caused a ruckus with Emery's magic as it tingled beneath her skin. She inhaled sharply, shifting uncomfortably as she realized she'd kept her magic at bay too long. "Vampires will never get word of it."

Hayley looks to Emery, pursing her lips, allowing the supposed human to mull over the idea.

Emery didn't trust Agnes. Never would. And with Agnes wanting to talk about it didn't do her any favoursHowever, actually having an ultrasound of the supposed cells renting her uterus would bring Emery... a little peace and freedom from this house again.

"Fine. Bayou-baby-doctor, it is." Emery says, exchanging a look with Hayley, who nods. "Hayley's coming with."

"I don't think―"

Emery cut Agnes off with narrowed eyes. "It wasn't a request."

Emery rose to her feet, eyes raking over Rebekah, and she inhaled sharply. "You want to come, Rebekah?" Emery offers, coming to stand beside the Original who looked up from her computer to Emery for a moment. Emery tilted her head at the satellite photos of the French Quarter on the screen and flicked her eyes back to Rebekah, smiling tightly. "It is your niece or nephew, after all."

Rebekah hesitates. "I still have research to do."

Emery shrugs. "Don't get high on it." Then she turns to Agnes and Hayley, who begin to walk past her, heading outside. "I'll meet you in the car."

Klaus strolls into the room, his eyes flickering over to Rebekah. "Please, sister, tell me you're not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin, anyway? Just type in 'anonymous attic'?"

"Someone has to find Elijah," Rebekah reminded bitterly, not bothering to spare her brother a look. "Even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans."

"Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles." 

Rebekah sighed, irritation growing at her brother's snark. "I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to. There were shutters on the windows behind Elijah's coffin."

"Try asking one of Marcel's valued inner circle twats. I'm sure one of them is bound to know where he'd stash a dirty little secret, even if they don't realize it." Emery suggested with a shrug of her shoulders, digging through the sofa for her phone.

"Well, that should narrow it down immensely." Klaus spoke, giving Emery a look, to which she held up her middle finger. "Myself, I prefer actual strategy as opposed to mind-numbing labor. Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance."

"With you?" Emery scoffs, "Doubtful."

"I can ensure her protection with a little loyalty. What more could the girl want?" Klaus muses.

"Freedom." Emery retorts. "Not to see your lot's elderly ugly mugs instead of pre-pubescent ugly mugs in a cheap state school classroom with a pus-coloured stain on the ceiling."

Klaus frowns. "How am I considered elderly?"

Rebekah smiles bitterly and interrupts, "As usual, your power grabs are more important than rescuing your brother."

The sorceress checked the hybrid and blonde Original had their backs to her before her blue eyes were flushed gold and her phone shot into her hand.

Klaus shrugs. "I prefer to think of it as killing two birds with one stone. Rob Marcel of his secret weapon, bring our brother home."

"And with that, I'll be taking my leave." Emery says, and then begins walking toward the front door.

(𝐅𝐎𝐑) 𝐎𝐑 (𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑) 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄. niklaus mikaelsonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें