All My Fault

Beginne am Anfang

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The night was cold and dark. A gentle breeze drifted quietly through the hazy air, and Tobey turned to shut the silver hatch tightly behind him. Sensing all of the danger around him he stepped out of the shed with a nervous caution, barely able to see anything through the foggy night.

 He had to find that medicine. Becky needed to get better as soon as possible, and though ibuprofen most likely wouldn't fix her immediately, it would still take away some of her intense pain.

Quickly Tobey rushed to the back door, hoping desperately for it to be unlocked. Upon testing the handle he discovered that it was, and he slid open the glass easily, shutting it behind himself.

All of the lights within the house had been switched off, a good sign for there being no one inside. However, the darkness also gave a foreboding and dangerous feeling, causing his hackles to raise. If anything were to attack him, he would be dead meat.

Without much trouble he managed to locate the stairs, tripping over the first step, but regaining his footing on the second, being sure to grip onto the railing as if his life depended on it. There was no time to waste as every sound he made could be alerting something close by.

Upstairs in the loft, there was a hallway that split off into three rooms, two bedrooms, one a guest and the other his own, and a bathroom. Swiftly he made his way into the bathroom, opening the mirror cabinet hybrid and grabbing a bottle of pills off of the top shelf. He sighed in relief, hoping that the small container would relieve Becky of at least some of her injuries. There looked to be at least 15 of the small tablets in the container. As long as they weren't trapped in the bunker for too much longer, they should have just enough to keep her healthy.

Turning away the boy began to make his way back down the hallway, however as he passed his room, he froze all of his blood turning ice cold within his frail body. An understanding horror trickled through his chest, and he dropped the bottle causing it to roll against the floorboard. Dumbstruck the boy walked forward, entering his bedroom to examine the empty tarp laid out across his carpet. His robot was gone, the very one with the busted chip. It was loose, and he knew exactly what had happened to it. In front of him where his window used to be was now a gaping hole, familiar in shape and terrifying to look at. Eradica was the robot. All of those features he had so tenderly added to it in order to create a robot that could do good had turned it into a monstrosity, a direct representation of himself.

Falling to his knees the boy covered his ears, hearing his mother's voice through the silence. He was finally being accepted and it now was all ruined. "Poison." He thought to himself, the word repeating over and over again in his broken, tired mind. He was a mistake, someone who didn't deserve the company or respect of anyone around him. Everything he tried to do right could only wind up wrong, and the world felt like it was crashing down around him.

He was a villain, and he was stupid to think that he could be anything else.

For a moment he closed his eyes tightly, sucking in a deep breath. The past few days he had genuinely believed that he could change, and that everyone who said he couldn't was wrong, but now he saw the truth.

He was the one responsible for Becky's injuries, WordGirl's disappearance, and the entire city being turned into mindless blank slaves.

All he was, was poison, and if Becky ever found out what he had done, that's all he would ever be to her. She couldn't know the truth, and he would never let her figure it out. Whatever it took.

As he walked out of the room, picking up the bottle of pills on his way, he felt his heart hardening. It was all over. 

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Tobey?" Becky asked wearily, looking over to see the boy climbing down the metal ladder. In his pocket she could see and hear the medicine rattling and a wave of relief washed over her as she saw her friend coming near. 

His glasses gleamed in the dim light, revealing his exasperated expression. "Here's your pills..." He mumbled quietly, immediately moving to lay down in his makeshift bed.

Becky watched him quietly, her concern growing. "Are you okay?"

He didn't reply. All he wanted to do was sleep and forget.

"Poison." He thought to himself, letting the word settle. "All I do is hurt people..."

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Howdy! CatNugget99 here with a litttttttttleeeeeeeeee update lol. 

I've been adding some of my personal favorite videos from the fandom onto the media sections of each chapter. If any of you have some recommendations for future sections, your own, or someone else, I would love to watch them :)

Special thanks to these awesome people for sticking with me! Y'all are literally the coolest!

_Nurdhaniyam_

Sneefsworld

Clairflo16

SugarFallenAngel

an_accountith

lol5573

flyshyshai

PixelSparks