He was silent for a moment. When he next spoke, there was a hint of mischief in his voice. "Alright, you have a point. But since it's my job to make sure you stay alive, I'll need to examine your injuries before letting you go out. Just so that I can make sure you're capable of defending yourself if needed."

He probably found himself hilarious, thinking that you were still too weak to do much. But you felt fine. You were confident enough that you were healed enough to pass whatever stupid examination he wanted to do. "Deal."

Dabi let go of you. Turning to face him, you held out your arms and lifted your brows. "Examine away."

"The light isn't too good in here," he began walking toward the hallway and you followed stopping just before your bedroom door. "This is better. Turn your back to me."

Exasperated, you turned. Knowing him, he was going to look at every little cut and bruise that remained on your skin to try and find something to keep you from going. Dabi lightly brushed his hand over the back of your neck before moving it slowly down your spine. "It looks like your back is healing well after the glass was removed."

You went to remark, but your breath caught as his hand moved to your hip and he twisted you around to face him. He brought his head to your neck, speaking soft enough to send chills over your skin. His thumb trailed across your collarbone. "I don't see any marks here." Dabi's lips came so close to your skin that you found yourself involuntarily leaning closer. He leaned down, looking closely at your bandaged arm. "Is there any pain here?"

"Nope." He was going to need to finish this quickly. Your self-control, you found, was severely lacking.

But Dabi seemed to know that. Every move of his was becoming more and more deliberate. The rough texture of his hands on your bare skin caused warmth to flood your veins, rising to the familiar feel of his touch. It was intoxicating, something you hadn't realized you'd been craving until it was presenting itself once again.

And then he went to his knees. Dabi started at your ankles, slowly dragging his hands up your thighs. As he moved, you noticed his face becoming dangerously close to the apex of your thighs, where the fabric of your underwear had begun to dampen. He paused just before reaching that point. A breathy laugh left his lips and he stood. "Looks like you're good to go, Princess."

Great, you could go get your food now. That was easy. Now you wouldn't even need to fight him about it. All you needed to do was get dressed and leave the apartment. But like an idiot, you said: "I think you missed a spot."

He cocked his head. "Did I?"

"There was a broken rib, remember?"

"Not sure how I forgot that one." The satisfied curve of his lips was infuriatingly gorgeous as he brought one of his hands underneath your shirt and below your chest, applying just a small amount of pressure. "Does that hurt?"

"No." You bit the inside of your cheek as his hand moved further up.

"Then you should still be fine," he looked at you with those blazing eyes, completely capturing your gaze. His hand didn't stop, continuing to move upward until it cupped your breast. "Unless there's somewhere else you'd like me to check?"

This had been his endgame all along. He'd known that your injuries were likely on their way to being healed, he'd only done it to get you into this position. He knew the physical power that he held over you and had used it entirely to his advantage.

But Hawks and Aya wouldn't be there for at least another two hours. There would be time to grocery shop even if you took a few minutes to indulge yourself. And it wasn't like you hadn't done this with him before. It was normal, and wouldn't further complicate anything.