"He's always busy, but it's okay, at least you're here."

A chuckle escaped your lips. Squatting down, you pinched his cheeks playfully. "Your Dad will be very sad."

Mitsuya appeared to be frozen on that very spot, staring intently at your every action. Once he realize he looked dumb staring at the woman he decided to let go, he cleared his throat. "Is he…"

"No, he's Ran's son. I know, he calls me Mommy but that's just his habit. I took care of him long enough for him to be that attached to me."

Really, you don't know why you're explaining it to him nor why you're able to talk to him casually. Normally, you'd be stuttering and mind turning blank but you're comfortably chatting.

"I see."

"By the way, I'll have to go now, Mitsuya. The meeting will start soon. See you around."

You held Ren in his little hand and was about to walk away when Mitsuya, unexpectedly, held you firmly on your arm. Your eyes trailed from your hand to his, the red string could be seen on his pinky finger, brightness slightly weavering.

"Can we…. uh, talk after the meeting?"

A second passed by before you could look at him in his lavender eyes, droopy as always. On your lips, a small smile peeked. "Sure. Let's meet in the cafe outside the school."

He nodded before he let you walk away.

Mitsuya doesn't know if he should be relieved that you agreed to talk to him or let himself be swallowed with different emotions that he tried to suppress for five long years.

While at the parental meeting of Luna and Mana, he couldn't concentrate one bit. Maybe he's being irresponsible for now, but that doesn't matter, what matters is that he'll get a chance to talk to you again.

And whatever it takes, he'll fix his mess.

The meeting was adjourned and the teacher allowed the students to return home with their parents and guardian. Meaning, Ren would be tagging along with you as you talk to Mitsuya.

When what he said dawned on you, it was too late. You already agreed to talk to him, it would be a jerk move if you decided not to show up. And that's really bad because you've been a jerk once in your relationship and you don't want to be his jerk ex.

Ren sat beside you, sipping on his large orange juice. On the other side of the table sat Mitsuya beside his two sisters, Luna and Mana.

In contrast to a somewhat soft expression Mitsuya had on his face was a rather annoyed expression on the two younger girls beside him. Their arms crossed on their chests, putting up a guard.

You'd be lying if you were to say you're still comfortable in your position. Your heart beats really fast and your toes curl inside your shoes.

Well, this is awkward.

"Uh, what do you want to talk about—"

"Y/n-neechan, it's been a while." Luna spoke first. Though she cut you mid-sentence, you smiled at her. She's grown a lot.

"It is."

"So, how are you? I heard from Yuzuha-neechan that you've already got a boyfriend."

You tried not to choke from the sudden interrogative tone on her voice. Still, you tried to be friendly. "Ah, I do. And I'm fine, Luna. How about you and Mana? You guys have grown a lot."

Luna and Mana missed you a lot more than they're showing. But mixed with the sense of wanting to see you again was the bitter lingering taste of betrayal on the tip of their tongues. They felt betrayed.