Chapter 14 ☪ Lady Knight

Start from the beginning

    The feeling of dancing with a sword came to me.

    I miss this! This feeling of holding a blade into my palm... I slid through his wide open spot on his neck but ended up stopping half through. He kneeled when I kicked his tummy. When I reached him, my sword stopped an inch between his neck and the wooden sword. 

    "Luckily, this doesn't kill, " I said in disappointment.

    Sir Adrien's face was so good to watch, his pride had loosen up, he looked at the ground with a face so uncertain and with a mouth wide open, he didn't know what to do and he seemed to be very shocked. 

    I, of course, look at my dress and snore. Damn, it's now dirty, luckily it's not that expensive, the wooden sword was not damaged as well. 

    The move I used earlier is different from expectation, it's more improved than how I remember. 

    "Milady, where did you learn this? " One of the hesitant knights asked me, instead of answering I brush the wooden sword at the ground and smile. 

    "I am a daughter of Crambell, learning swordsmanship is never been easy but I guess it's within my blood, as a daughter born in a family of knights."

    "Milady, does the marquis know about this? " The question came from Sir Adrien, expectedly, he recovered quite fast. 

    "No, the marquis can never know of this, do you understand? " 

    "But-- "

    "My father is your master, therefore, I am also your master, I expect more from you than this, so do not say anything to him or a punishment if likely understandable for ruining a ladies reputation, you know the empires rule, " the silence they give me was chilling but I nodded in smile. As expected, a silence means yes, and I'm sure they don't want to see me hanging on the Crambells gate as a traitor.

    "Then, milady, is this the reason you asked for favor that day? And why are you here anyways? " 

    "Yes, and no, the reason why I asked for favor that day is to observe you, if you are loyal to my father or not. I don't trust special moves without words, " my feet are crumpled but I decided to sit anyway, this knight has already seen my unladylike persona.

    "I will travel at the seaside, on House Cullian's territory, I need 10 capable knights to escort this lady off a dangerous road, if you want to escort me, we will depart this afternoon so prepare to leave, " I cannot order men without first knowing who's willing to work for me. 

    So having to say, status is really appreciated now. Before, I had some difficulty persuading some men that aren't under my management and those that aren't loyal to me to do something. So I'm making sure that these knights know their own master. 

    "Milady, did you have the marquis' permission? " I smile stiffly and sored. I didn't receive anything, but I will be back anyway so he shouldn't be worried about me. Well at least if he sees the letter, surely he's going to fly all the way to the resident to stop me. 

    "Of course, he said to bring knights to protect me on the road, so I need volunteers not force, those who's willing to serve under the empire's head knight's daughter, and those who will not may stay, " I said and remained silent.

    "Milady, " Sir Adrien called and I ended up looking at him. 

    He kneeled before me and along with the entire knights of the training ground. "It is our sole duty to protect, escort and stay by milady's side, so we will be under your command no matter what, please take us within your journey and command us as you see fit, " I topped his shoulders and smile. 

    "Then, prepare to depart this afternoon, take those that you need in our journey, supplying 2-3 days of travel. "