(14) One More Time

The tears flow down my cheeks as I lean against the chuck of stone sticking out of the bright green earth. The piles of flowers scattered around the rock had begun to wither, the color slowly fading from their once colorful petals.

I could only wish fate had turned out differently. Every day I came to this same spot, hoping, praying, that I'd see him again, even if it was just once.

One more time.

It's been months, and with each passing day I look more and more like the flowers placed here. Withered, lifeless, hollow. A shell of who I once was. I remember the way I felt when he was still in my life. The way our love blossomed like a bud in the spring sunshine. It was beautiful. I truly believed our love would withstand; nothing would break us.

I was foolish.

Naive.

Even the most beautiful flowers eventually die.

"(Yn)?"

I'm taken from my thoughts. I know that voice. I look behind me, and my gaze is met with Camilo's warm, loving smile. His eyes glowed in the mid-day sun.

"Camilo?" I try to wipe away the next wave of tears flowing from my eyes as I quickly stand up. I rush over to the boy, and throw my arms around him. "I thought...I thought I'd never see you again..." I choke out.

"I'll always be with you mi amor. Even when we're apart." He softly says, running his fingers through my hair.

"I'm just happy you're back." I softly say. "Promise me you won't go away again."

Camilo is silent for a moment. "You know I'm not real, don't you?"

My heart stops. I slowly step back and gasp as Camilo starts to fade away. "Wait! Don't leave me, please!" I cry. I stumble back and bump into the rock surrounded by flowers. Camilo was once again gone. "Don't go..."

My eyes trail down to the stone.

Camilo Madrigal

His grave still haunted me.

Heyyyyyyy...

So I know this one was...uh...pretty dark...I apologize if this wasn't the fluffy wholesomeness you were expecting, but I didn't have time for a full length oneshot like normal, so I had to do something shorter.
I've been wanting to practice writing dramatic and sad scenes because I feel like I don't do those enough, so y'all get to live with the consequences :)
Anyways, I'll have a regular one out next week, so stay tuned!!