<3 (11) Storks

Request by: @XxSleepy_PotatoxX

This request takes place after Camilo and (Yn)'s twins, María and Mateo are born. All you really need to know is that María has fire powers and Mateo has water powers. :)

My father-in-law, Felíx, laughs as he finishes telling Camilo and me a story about him in his youth. I almost snort the fruit juice I had taken a sip of out of my nose. Felíx and Camilo chuckle at this. "I can't believe you've never told me about that!" I exclaim. "That's hilarious!"

"It reminds me of something María would do," Camilo says with a smile.

"MOM!! DAD!!!"

"Speak of the devil~," Félix says taking a sip from his coffee.

Maria darts onto the back deck as though she were running from a wild jaguar. I slowly count to three in my head, and right on schedule, Mateo comes trailing in behind her. Maria quickly jumps onto Camilo's lap and grabs the collar of his shirt, frantically shaking it. "WHERE DO BABIES COME FROM, DADDY?" She asks, using anything but an inside voice.

Felíx chokes on his coffee and it comes spraying out of his mouth. "Welp, this is my clue to say, 'adios'." He announces, standing up and heading to the door.

"You can't just leave!! What am I supposed to tell them?!?" Camilo worriedly questions. 

"Listen, son, I've already been a parent. I'm officially retired." He gives us a thumbs-up as he exits the room. "Good luck though!"

I sigh, feeling just as stressed as Camilo was. The twins were only six! Why were they bringing up such a topic? Camilo shoots me a petrified look, and I could practically see an SOS sign flashing above his head.

I clear my throat. "María, sweetie, why are you suddenly so interested in this?"

"Since Tía Dolores is going to have another baby Mateo and I decided that we want a little sister," María states matter-of-factly.

Mateo stomps his little foot on the ground. "No! I want a little brother!"

Camilo smirks at me. "Well, you heard her mi amor~"

I jab him with my elbow. "Stop talking, Cam." I roll my eyes. "Uh, María, Mateo, babies come from...um.."

There's no way I can do this. I nervously think. I look over at my husband with pleading eyes. He looks just as lost as I do.

"Uhhh..." he clears his throat. "Babies come from...storks."

I facepalm. They would never buy this.

"So...birds bring babies to the mommies and daddies?" Mateo questions.

I nod. "Yup. That's right."

"THAT'S SO COOL!" María exclaims. She hops off Camilo's lap and grabs her brother's hand. "Let's go find a stork, Mateo!!"

"Yay!!"

The two run off of the deck and back into Casita. I slump down against the bench and sigh. "Storks? Really Camilo?"

He chuckles. "It was the first thing I could think of."

"That's the most basic option in the book." I laugh.

Camilo shrugs. "I believed it."

"Of course you did."