Chapter 3

Here, have a flashback!!

Giggling like a maniac, I ran away from my best friend Caleb. We decided to have a little fun and relax a bit, as we had been really uptight and alert recently due to the fact we are in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. Alone. We were playing tag and Caleb was on. I tripped over a root sticking out of the ground. He was right behind me and tripped, landing on me. Our faces were a only few centimetres apart. I blushed. Our faces came closer and closer until Caleb kissed me and I froze. It didn't feel like one of those cliche kisses, but it worked nonetheless. He pulled away with a bright tomato red face. As he was about to apologize, I surged forward and reconnected our lips. He smirked against my lips and we broke apart. His face was bright red and I could tell my face was a tomato too.

(A/N Sorry for the terrible description as I have never been kissed and happy! I am a single pringle and proud!)

Hello I am line break, this is my brother break line, my mother line and my father break

We were in our tree house, making plans so we could go on runs into the local town as quickly and quietly as possible. Well, I was making plans, Caleb was throwing a bouncy ball at the far wall.

"Caleb are you even gonna help? This could save our lives ya know?" I said smirking

"Yeah, one sec." He replied, still bouncing the ball off the wall.

I sat there for a minute, staring at him, bouncing the ball of the wall. I sighed and went back to planning. I heard a clatter and heard Caleb mutter curses under his breath. The ball had fallen out of the temperamental trapdoor that I had never gotten around to fixing.

"Thals , I'm gonna get the ball. I'll be back in a minute" Caleb said.

"Okay love you."

"Love you too babe"

He climbed down and I heard him falling off the last rung on the ladder. I inwardly giggled. There was silence for a minute until I heard him cry out in victory. Quiet again. Then I heard him shout again. But not in victory, in pain. I scrambled to my feet and called his name. Looking down from the dust coated window, I saw him being eaten by two walkers, one on his calf, and one on his neck

"CALEB!" I screamed. Knocking a arrow in my bow, I shot the one on his neck. Sliding down the ladder, I unsheathed my hunting knifes and stabbed the walker on his calf.

"Caleb, stay with me! Stay with me babe!" I sobbed, cradling his head in my lap.

"Thalia, you need to promise me something. You need to move on. Get a better safe house. You can survive this thing. You can beat it. I love you, please promise me this, as a dying wish" Caleb spluttered, his blood becoming a halo around his head, flowing through his dyed blue hair, his dark roots showing. The blood trickled onto the grass and stained his shirt.

"I-I pr-r-omise, I love you. So much it's unreal. Please don't leave me!" I sobbed.

He reached his hand up a swiped away my tears.

"Babe I need you to do me one last favour."

I looked up, confused.

"I need you to end this. Please, I can't be one of those things. Please." He begged

"Okay, for you" those were the only words I could say. I stood up, laying his head on the ground.

"I'm sorry, I love you." I sobbed. He closed his eyes and I threw my knife.

Flashback over