denzel spent his weekend drawing and hanging out by the beach as usual, it became a routine at that point

it was monday, which was his favorite day of the week. most people don't like monday due to the start of school or work again, but denzel liked mondays because he sees it as a day where you can start a fresh new week. now that he thought about it, every day was his favorite day, but monday was definitely number one.

everything about school annoyed him; the loud laughs, yelling, and chattering, people slamming lockers, the footsteps that sounded like stomping, and everything about it in general was just annoying. school was just dull to him, even though there's lots of energy coming from people and their friends, it was just bland.

walking down the halls, he stopped by his locker to collect the books for his classes. he didn't have many books to carry, just a thin large textbook, a thicker large textbook, and a small thick book titled 'the great gatsby'.

he soon spotted someone just a few lockers away from his, it was clementine.

she was wearing a yellow headband, dangling earrings that looked like little sunflowers, a red, orange, and white striped shirt, light washed blue jeans, and yellow converse.

when she picks out her outfits, she chooses a color theme. got it.

once he finished collecting his books, he closed his locker and approached clementine who was too busy trying to search for something in her bag.

"god damnit, where is it—oh, hey!" clementine greeted, realizing her friend was standing next to her.

'what are you looking for?'

"i'm trying to look for my highlighter. it was my last one and i need it for english class."

"d-do..."

the sudden sound of denzel's voice caught clementine off guard once again.

"'do...?' you're getting better, denzel. don't sweat it."

denzel reached into his bag for a spare highlighter he had and held it out towards clementine, who gently took the marker from his hand.

"is that what you were going to ask me? if i needed a highlighter?"

in response, denzel nodded as he began to write something in his notebook.

'you can keep it just in case. i bought a lot.'

"awesome, thank you! well, here's my locker. not the best thing in the world but it works." she smiled, doing jazz hands.

the bell rang, causing clementine to immediately shut her locker. "i don't like being late to class, but i'll see you at lunch?" she asked, walking backwards.

denzel nodded in response in which clementine replied with a thumbs up. watching her turn away, he slipped a note and a tiny milky way into the tiny gaps in her locker before entering the class of his own.

 watching her turn away, he slipped a note and a tiny milky way into the tiny gaps in her locker before entering the class of his own

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
i don't like this chapter but hey, it works