on his walk, he just looked around at the places he could possibly stop by. he didn't have a specific destination since he didn't want to go home just yet.

he ended up at that same liquor store he was at a few days ago, all he did was wander around trying to figure out what he was going to get. no matter how many times he wandered the store, he always found himself back in the candy aisle eyeing the milky way bar.

he wasn't going to lie and say he only got the candy for clementine. if he was going to be honest, the candy tasted pretty good.

taking a bar from the shelf, he ended up wandering around some more before taking a cherry cola from a freezer.

when checking out, the cashier asked how his morning was going in which he responded with 'alright'.

"you seem tired, did you get enough sleep?" the cashier asked, scanning his items.

"a little... i fell asleep—i fell asleep late." denzel managed to reply.

baby steps, denzel. baby steps.

"i always see you here but i've never gotten a name. what's your name, kid?" they asked.

"denzel. denzel vasileios."

"nice to meet ya, denzel. i'm rosemary."

rosemary. what a nice name.

"nice to—nice to meet you."

"i can tell you're nervous. it's understandable, you haven't had many friends, have you, denzel?"

confused, he shook his head in response to their question.

"i was in your position when i was in high school. trust me when i say that you should be more open to people and interact more, even a simple 'hello' to your teachers could help with being social."

denzel nodded, keeping rosemary's advice locked into his head.

"i'll let you go now since i'm just making you listen to my babbling. but you have a great day, alright?" rosemary smiled, waving at denzel before he left.

a little odd how the cashier suddenly began talking to him after going to that store for awhile, but it was nice that he held a conversation with someone for the first time since forever.

something he realized was; he actually participated in the conversation, which was very rare.

he felt proud of himself, proud that he actually responded and helped keep the conversation going. to him it was odd, how he was suddenly trying to communicate and hold conversations with people, but it felt nice.

 to him it was odd, how he was suddenly trying to communicate and hold conversations with people, but it felt nice