Memories of their past adventures flashed through his mind before his attention was called by Rumi and Thanatos both looking toward him.

"Are you alright, Peter?" Rumi's voice softened at the question, his expression being a gentle frown. The brunette looked at Thanatos, and though his expression was unchanging, Peter felt an aura of curiosity from the stare he was getting. 

"Yeah, I'm all good..! M'just tired I guess... A-And kinda... well, that last fight was real hard for me, so I guess that didn't help too much-" He gave a small chuckle, fixing his glasses as a nervous gesture.

"Of course, that's totally understandable..! Let us set up camp as quickly as possible so you can get your rest, eh?" With that, Rumi gave his usual grin, turning and moving to gather the needed materials. 

Peter got onto his feet and dusted himself off, looking back up, he watched as Thanatos made a move to help Rumi with getting materials. With a moment of hesitation, Peter grabbed a hold of Thanatos' cold hand to get his attention. "Thanatos..!"

The sound of heavy footsteps stopped as Thanatos turned in reaction to Peter, looking down at the small human. "What do you need, Peter Sqloint?"

The hint of confidence that Peter had felt when asking after the warforged seemed to completely disappear once he was under his intense and unchanging stare, fumbling over his words before finally finding them.

"I-I uh... I just... Do you really think that... That the fight we had with Tar- The Blight of Courage was... measly..? I-I mean... he was the Blight of Courage, y-y'know?" Peter fidgeted with his hands, only stealing quick glances up at Thanatos as he spoke. 

To Peter's surprise, there was a moment of silence.

"It is our current and shared goal that we will vanquish all of the Blights, and then move onto the Gods. I will succeed in this venture. Yes. I do believe that any and all battles we engage in are measly if they are a result of an attempt to stop us from accomplishing our mission. They are simply delaying our victory." 

Peter slowly felt his chest become heavier with every word Thanatos said. He understood the stance he had on their 'mission', and understood that Thanatos wasn't the most... emotionally aware, but he had hoped for a hint of warmth...

"However..." 

Thanatos' voice caused Peter's head to lift as soon as he heard it.

"I had spoken with Rumi shortly after the battle... He explained how you may have been... differently affected by the fight, and that I may need to express a little more patience with your... emotions regarding that. And so, solely for that reason, I... will say that the one in which the Blight possessed-"

"T-Taryn?"

"..Yes, Taryn. He... He seemed to be a worthy and respectful man. And from what I have gathered, a worthy person of your friendship, Peter."

"Th-Thank you, Thanatos... that... that means a lot. Though I think it was more like I was lucky to be his friend-" Peter gave a small laugh, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked to the ground. "He was a really good guy... He uh... he was the bravest person I knew, ya know? I just wish... he had a better ending than the one he got... he deserved a better ending..."

Thanatos placed a hand on Peter's head, making a note before he made the connection to be gentler than he was going to be. He watched as Peter flinched slightly before realising Thanatos was... comforting him? Or at least trying to without breaking his bones, but the gesture was appreciated by him either way.

"Your friend was a brave one. He was an adventurous spirit, one who sought adrenaline and was ready to protect those he valued. His ending was befitting of a hero. A warrior. And from how highly you speak of him, I assume he was just that. You did him proud, Peter, and for that, you should be prideful in yourself."