"It was the last group I ever worked with before I got moved up to the rank I'm at. I was around 12 and commanded 14 other members on this mission. I could tell you each of their names to this day." I paused. "It was supposed to be an easy mission. We were supposed to go in and grab this guy and get out. But... it wasn't that easy. I went upstairs by myself while my men separated into pairs to clear the building and find the guy. When I came back down, all I saw was red. My men were scattered across the floor. Half were dead and those alive were barely here."

I moved to sit on the counter. Kakashi stepped between my legs and held gently onto my thighs. "I don't want to bore you with the remaining details but the remaining opponents alive found me and tried to kill me. There were at least 20 left. As they were attacking me, I had my focus on someone and one of their men came up behind me and slashed me across the back with his swords, forming that scar."

"How'd you get out?" Kakashi questioned. His thumbs moved slowly across my thighs. "I killed all of them." I paused and looked back down at my thighs. " I also had to kill the rest of my teammates. I couldn't have saved any of them. There wasn't enough time."

Kakashi kept quiet and looked down. "Wanna know a fun fact from that night?" He looked up at me. "When I found out what happened to my teammates, I alerted the Anbu Headquarters about it. I walked out of that building drenched in blood and it wasn't just my own. My cloak was completely red. You couldn't see any white. Long story short, I went to headquarters, talked to the higher ups about what happened and they gave me my own rank. They decided they would use me on extremely difficult missions such as if they need an extremely important person assassinated or if they really need to scare someone or a group of people. The Anbu also gave me a different cloak. It was red. My Anbu name also has a reputation of its own too so that was part of it too."

I looked up at him again. "Sorry, I probably bored you with that whole story and everything."

"No. No you didn't. I remember hearing about someone getting their own rank. I always wanted to meet them. It's nice to finally meet that person." He smiled.

He waited a second before asking another question. "So that's the reason you never go into the hot springs when we're done with missions?"

"Yeah. I've actually never gone in one. I know, surprising. I just don't want curious people coming up and asking about it."

"Wow. I'm sorry about all that."

"Don't worry about it. Now you know."

He moved his hand up to cheek. "I love you Kakashi. I honestly don't know what I did to deserve you." I said as I leaned into his hand. He smiled and kissed me passionately. "I love you." He whispered against my lips.

I leaned in to kiss him again, quick yet softly.

I was about to get up when Kakashi said something. "You'll never guess what I got you?" I looked at him curiously. "What?" He reached to grab something from his pockets.

He pulled out something wrapped in a dark blue cloth. He put it in one of his hands and unwrapped in with the other. It was the couples necklace I was looking at yesterday. I put my hand up to look at it closer. It was even more beautiful up close. I looked back up at Kakashi in confusion. "You got this... for us?"

"I did. I saw you looking at it and I could tell you wanted it." He sat the necklaces on the counter and separated them, keeping the sun necklace in his hands.

He unclipped the ends and wrapped it around my neck gently, then locked it when he was done. Then doing the same to himself with the moon necklace.

"Thank you..." I said as I admired the charms hanging around our necks. "Anything for you doll." Kakashi said as kissed my forehead. "Well since it's currently 5:00 in in the morning, would you feel comfortable going down stairs to the hot springs? I'm sure the prince and king would mind. And it'd only be us. But only if you're comfortable."

I sat and thought for a second. "I'd love too." I smiled a big smile towards him and he did the same.

(BONUS CAUSE Y'ALL DESERVE IT)

I walked out of the girls dressing area wearing nothing but a towel and my necklace. I decided not to wear my contacts because it would be hard for the average person to see them through all this fog.

I walked around trying to see where Kakashi was. I could've used my eyes and stuff to find him but I didn't want to. I like to challenge myself sometimes.

"I'm over here doll."

My eyes quickly found the source of the noise. "Hey." I said as I walked towards him with a smile. I noticed he wasn't wearing his mask or in fact, any clothing at all. I think I read somewhere around the castle you didn't have to wear clothes in here.

Once I got to him, his eyes looked at me, then the spot next to him, then back to me. I scanned the room one last time and took off my towel and let it fall to the floor.

I slowly stepped in the water which sent goosebumps up my skin. I was used to hot water but this was a different kind of hot. I sat down by Kakashi and rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed the top of my head, then rested his head against mine.

We sat in a comfortable silence, just like the night in the woods, just enjoying each other's company.

As we sat there, I realized just how lucky I was to have Kakashi as my lover. He's one of the only people who truly accepts me for who I am, no questions asked. I'm so happy to finally find my other half. 

I truly hope you all enjoyed this. I wanted to try and some backstory out there and to finally let y'all know a bit (Y/n)'s Anbu backstory. I also wanted to try writing a bit different and so far I like how I wrote it. Let me know what y'all think. Maybe expect an update within a month.

Thank y'all for waiting for so long! 

Total word count- 1664 words