Church, Food, and More Shopping

Start from the beginning

Abby dropped her eyes to the floor, she wasn't sure if she was relieved or upset that Steven was not with his family. At that moment Jeff tightened his hold on her and pulled her closer to him, and Abby raised her head in surprise only to witness Steven and Jacob walk inside the restaurant.

She stood frozen in her steps and glared at Steven not realizing that she was making a fool of herself.
Jeff squeezed her hand and pulled her forward, as jealousy overwhelmed him.

**************

When Steven walked in the restaurant and found Abby in front of him, his heart beat wildly against his chest, his eyes bore into hers as if he was making love to her right there in the lobby in front of all the people who waited to be seated.

"What the hell has gotten into you man!" Jacob leaned in and whispered.

Hearing Jacob's words, Steven pulled himself out of his thoughts and his eyes shifted to Jeff, who was holding Abby's hand as if he owned her. He stiffened, as jealousy raged throughout his body. His hands turned to fists at his side and he wanted nothing more than to punch Jeff square on the jaw.

"Stop it you fool," Jacob hissed under his breath, "she's not worth it!"

***************

Abby could have sworn she heard Steven snarl, as she and Jeff passed by them to exit the restaurant, and she wondered if he and Jeff had issues with each other.

It was late in the afternoon, the warm breeze caressed Abby's cheeks as she stepped outside the restaurant. Jeff had let go of her hand and was walking a few steps ahead of her, and she wondered what was up his ass.

When she got into Jeff's car, she slammed the door shut and turned to face him, "What is wrong, why are you so angry?"

"Because the sight of him makes me want to bash his face in!" His nostrils flared and his eyes were stormy when he looked at her, "there is just something about him that makes me want to throw up!"

Abby rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath. Guys are strange, she thought, they are like beasts and full of rage.

"Please do not tell Claire that I came with your family for lunch." Abby begged, changing the subject abruptly, "I would hate for her to find out."

Jeff's jaw twitched, he hated when Abby mentioned Claire, he felt forced where Claire was concerned, "Why should we keep it a secret, it was just lunch with my family."

"I know," Abby said quickly, "but even so, Claire would be hurt that I was invited and she wasn't"

Jeff's hands tightened around the steering wheel, "We saw you in church, my family insisted you come with us!"

Abby's hand rested on Jeff's thigh inoccently, and Jeff almost crashed the car against a street pole. Her touch drove him wild with hidden desires.

"Please Jeff," she pleaded, not realizing the effect her touch had on him, "I would really be grateful if she didn't find out."

***************

A few hours after she returned home Abby stared at her iPhone as it rang for the tenth time, afraid to answer it. It was Claire and she didn't want to have to lie to her friend about her whereabouts, but as the iPhone continued to ring, Abby finally answered it.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked.

"Um, where were you?" Claire got straight to the point, "we were supposed to go for shoes shopping remember!"

She had forgotten.

"I'm so sorry Claire," she apologized quickly, "I had to help my mother with something."