𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

After a long night of answering Atlas' endless questions, Alex found herself in a sleepless daze as she walked the halls of Midtown School of Science and Technology. She would've never guessed so many questions could fit in one person's head. It was like a never-ending hallway filled with files and files of unanswered queries that Alex had to answer. If it wasn't for his mother calling him to come home, the Easton girl didn't think their conversation would've ended. But she knew that the conversation was far from over.

The Easton girl forced herself to smile and wave at those she passed while doing her best to keep her eyes open. Luckily, her next class was shop class so she wouldn't have to pay much attention until they started on their projects. However, as soon as she entered the classroom, Alex knew her dream of daydreaming was over. And it was all because Peter Parker was doing something that she'd have to stop before he took down the school.

"Do you really think you should be hitting that thing with a hammer?" Alex questioned the brunette boy, causing him to jump and almost drop the tool in his hand before he spun around to face her.

"Like you know any better," Peter muttered under his breath then turned back around to continue attacking the glowing object.

"I know that you probably shouldn't hit an alien machine you know nothing about with a hammer," the Easton girl retaliated, earning an annoyed sigh from the boy.

The redheaded girl didn't move as she continued to watch the Parker boy smack the unknown object with a hammer. Each time Peter hit the machine, a static sound emitted from it. The noise made Alex flinch every time she heard it. One wrong move and everything around them would turn into ash just like they saw the machine do last night.

Just as the Easton girl was about to speak again, the parts of the machine holding the glowing rock finally broke open. Alex took a step forward to look over Peter's shoulder as he pulled the pieces apart to get a better look inside. Both of them held their breath as the Parker boy moved the wires before grabbing a screwdriver to help him. As he continued to fiddle with the contraption, they silently hoped he didn't trigger something he'd regret later.

"Hey, thanks for bailing on me," a voice said, causing both Peter and Alex to jump before they turned to face Ned.

"Yeah, well, something came up," the Parker boy told his best friend while gesturing towards the alien machine on the table.