three

chapter three: lone wolf

Vincent sighed softly as he sat once again in the exact same spot at the exact same table that he had been at only a couple of days ago, the exact same way he did every other day of his life. It never felt different because his life seemed to have turned into this continue cycle where the same events occurred over and over again without change. It was so terribly repetitive and boring, which also made it so immensely tiring at the same time.

He was so overly bored and tired with his life right now, he despised how tedious and monotonous it had become only over the past few weeks. Vincent missed and longed for the life he had before he had come to the asylum, and the only comfort that kept him going right now was the fact that he could get that life back soon; a few months or even as soon as a few weeks. Maybe only a couple of days, but he didn't want to get his hopes up just yet, it all depended on how fast he could get his job done.

At the asylum, he woke up at the same time every morning, just after 8am, and would eat his breakfast at the same spot in the same room at 8:30am every single day just like clockwork. Group therapy was after that at ten o'clock, followed by quiet time in the common room form then until lunch. Lunch was at midday, and after that Vincent had his separate therapy session with Doctor Moroccan at half past one in the afternoon. From two to four was quiet time again, usually some boring activity that no one wanted to do going along with it. Dinner was at five pm and then at six o'clock he would shower and brush his teeth, and after that everyone was sent to their rooms where they would stay for the night.

Today had been no different than any other day, but today he had honestly just gotten so fed up with everything that he just couldn't deal with anything or anyone right now. Lila's voice was annoying him more than it normally did, and the sound of the people talking behind him made him literally want to scream and rip all of his hair out.

"How are you getting on with your new roomie? He doesn't seem the easiest to talk to," Lila asked as she scribbled down on her page while chewing on a piece of bacon that she had stolen from the lunch room during breakfast that morning.

Vincent shrugged, "He doesn't talk much."

"That's odd," Lila commented. "I always thought that the Hargreeves family was full of loudmouths."

"I thought so too," Vincent replied with a nod as he picked up one of the crayons off the desk. He began scribbling on a random page. "Clearly this one must be the exception."

Lila paused her coloring for a moment, glancing over to look at the man they were talking about. "Not much like his brother then?" she asked through a mouthful of bacon.

Vincent shook his head "They have the same sort of aggressiveness I suppose," he shrugged. "Number Five was always strangely closed off, but I'm sure this one is different. He's only been here for three days and he seems fucked up from it all, Five spent years in the apocalypse and appeared to be fine."

"Shagging a mannequin doesn't sound fine to be me," Lila snickered. "But I'll give the new guy time then, see if he changes the longer he's here."

Vincent smiled slightly as he glanced across the room until his eyes landed on the exact man that they were discussing; he sat on the window sill, looking out of it onto the city below them. Diego's eyes scanned the streets before looking up once, his eyes quickly making direct eye contact with Vincent before they both looked away almost immediately after it had happened.