♤Strange Beginning♤ (#1)

It was a normal day, by demon standards. The Demon Slayer Corps finally learned of the demon kings ability of roaming in the sun, and how he could add said immunity to other demons. It had been confirmed that all the moons had been given the ability. The Pillars were panicking, which amused Tanjiro greatly.

Tanjiro was known as the all powerful Demon King, able to walk in the sun and give immunity to fellow demons. He rarely gave out the ability, but there was acceptions. The moons, including his little sister, uppermoon 1, Nezuko. He had turned her into a demon to reunite them, and it went extremely well as the ways of demons started to change slightly.

Tanjiro and Nezuko where the only demons that had never eaten an actual human for power. Instead, they would sleep long periods of time, under extreme protection. Yes, Tanjiro once was human. How he became king? He killed the previous Demon King, who was an idiot playing with fire. Weak, and insignificant.
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Tanjiro and Nezuko were going for a walk, searching for nothing but good scenery. Though a particular thing stuck out. The smell of smoke, and the sounds of screaming. "Nezuko..go back to the fortress, I'm going to check out what's going on." Tanjiro said to Nezuko, who replied in a worried tone "But brother, wont that put you in danger? Shouldn't we just send a lowermoon to check?" Tanjiro shook his head. "Go, that's an order."

Nezuko bowed slightly, before seeming to disappear with a ring like a bell. The demon went to go see what was causing such commotion, and was surprised at the sight of an extremely weak demon trying to stay alive. It was a miracle he hadn't been killed, as his opponent was one of the strongest slayers out there, a pillar. Tanjiro sighed, stepping out into the moon light in between the battling demon and pillar. "Well well well..what do we have here?~" he said in an almost taunting voice.

The pillar started fuming, angrily shouting at him. "YOU DEMON B#ST@RD! I WAS SO CLOSE TO KILLING HIM, HOW DARE YOU!" The angry white haired pillar looked mentally messed up, and Tanjiro started laughing. "You weren't close at all, huh...a mighty pillar, unable to beat just a low ranked demon? What kind of slayer are you? Clearly not a good one.~" the demon was looking at Tanjiro, studying him in admiration.

"What the-" the demon said quietly, and Tanjiro turned to look at him smiling so kindly it was hard to believe. "Say, you are good with holding your own. How would you like to come with me?" Tanjiro said, holding out a hand for the demon. He hesitated, unsure of what to do. "Cmon then..grab my hand, I'll bring you somewhere you can train." He reached out and grabbed the outstretched hand, getting pulled up onto his feet by Tanjiro.

"What is your name?" He was asked, and he quietly responded "Muzan..Muzan Kibutsuji." Tanjiro giggled "Tanjiro. Tanjiro Kamado." The demon, now recognized as Muzan, smiled slightly. "Now let's go, Muzan!" Tanjiro pulled him along, all the way back to a big fortress. "This will be your home, from now on Muzan." Tanjiro chuckled at the way Muzan's eyes slightly lit up at the sight of the fortress.

Tanjiro ordered a lowermoon to give a tour to Muzan, while two others set up a room for him. He went to inform the uppermoons and lowermoons that didnt know of the new demon, and to check on his sister. "Welcome back brother! What happened?" Tanjiro sat next to his sister "Turns out a pillar was having extreme trouble getting rid of a low rank demon. The demon was kinda cute, so I decided to take him in for training."

Nezuko giggled at her brother calling somebody cute, that was extremely rare when it wasn't meant in a sibling manor. "That's just like you, brother. Bringing home random idiots-" Tanjiro laughed, "Hey! This time it isn't an idiot!" "Suree. Well anyway, it's almost long rest time. Who will rest first?" Tanjiro, being the older brother he is that valued family needs over his own needs, insisted that Nezuko rest first.

Nezuko left to start preparing her room for the long rest, and Tanjiro stayed sitting on the roof. He didn't only insist she slept first because he cared. He wanted to get to know the new demon, who to him was intoxicating in some weird way. He sat there stargazing, his mind constantly drifting to Muzan unwillingly, though he did want to think of Muzan for some reason he didn't understand all too much.
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○
Words: 785.

Thanks for reading this chapter, I'll be trying to update at times. Sayonara!