|1| Swimming

Hey Everyone,

I am very easily growing to love this story. It's refreshing and different, less dark than YTIAA but still has its moments. I don't know much about the length since I only have a couple of chapters written and a general idea, I don't know whether it will be 10, 20 or 30 chapters. I am going with the flow here ;)

On a second note, I'd like to thank everyone who gave this story a chance. Thank you all for the beautiful comments and votes. I am really glad it caught your attention. :)

 Enjoy! :D

~~~~~

     Chapter 1: Swimming

           Your songs remind me of swimming,
           Which I forgot when I started to sink
           Dragged further away from the shore,
          And deeper into the drink

     I wake up disoriented, dizzy and tired. My vision blurs for a moment as my senses slowly come back to me. I gasp as the realization sinks in. I am sitting in the back of some pick-up truck, hands tied behind my back. I want to scream and yell of help but my mouth is taped, and it hurts so bad that I feel my lips slowly numbing.

     I get up, or at least try to. My feet are tied as well with what seems to be a white cable wire. I look down at myself, inwardly sighing in relief as I see that little bump in my stomach. The baby is fine. My baby is alright.

     Tears begin to fall down my cheeks as I realize how dangerous the situation is. I am being kidnapped. I am going to be murdered and my baby is going to die. I shake my head in desperation, trying to erase the ugly thought from my head. I look around but I see no windows surrounding me but I hear the vague sound of the radio and two male voices. I squint my eyes and try to get a sense of what's around me. My shoes are still on but my jacket is missing. My purse is lying a few inches from me and there are a few locked boxes a few feet away.

      "What should we do with her?" I hear the driver ask who I guess is his partner.

     "Maybe we can just leave her somewhere in the middle of some town," the guy in the passenger suggest.

     My eyes widen at the thought. Panic shoots right through me but I force myself to calm down to protect my baby from harm.

     "No way, man. The boss will kill us. You know how he gets towards women. If we tell him we killed a kid because she saw us kill us a client, he'll murder us himself."

     Relief sweeps through and I am able to breathe again.

     "Then what do you suggest? Letting her go?"

     "I don't know, that's why I asked you."

     "Let's just bring her to the Boss. He'll know exactly what to do with people like her," the guy says before turning his direction to me.

     "Oh you're finally awake," he acknowledges with a smirk. "We thought you died there, kid."

      I don't say anything in return, partly because I can't but also because I am scared shitless of what will happen to me when they bring me to their boss, whoever he is.

     "Don't worry, darling. Our man will take very good care of you."

      But his eyes don't mean that. There is a dangerous glint in them.

     I stay quiet and close my eyes, praying that it's a nightmare. That it's all just an illusion I create in my brain. I can't believe how bad my luck is. I run from one place only to get into trouble in another. How does this make sense?