seven.

Saturday morning came, and Connor felt oddly nervous for the day ahead. He kept telling himself he was just hanging out with friends and that there was no need to be nervous, but the butterflies in his stomach wouldn't go away. After trying (and failing) to style his hair for ten minutes, he finally gave up and headed out of the house.

 "Hey Con!" Tyler beamed as he opened the door, beckoning the other boy inside.   "Would you like a drink? What?! Don't look at me like that, I don't mean alcohol boo," he exclaimed, causing Connor to laugh as he shook his head and headed up to Tyler's room.

 As Connor entered Tyler's room, Tyler right behind him, the nerves in his stomach returned, as if he was about to go on a date, instead of just watching Netflix with classmates.

"Hey Connor!" Zoe exclaimed as he opened the door, revealing his two friends sitting on Tyler's bed, eyes glued to the bright light of the screen. Troye looked up at the boys, smiled at Connor and instantly shuffled up, making room for him, as the two boys approached the bed.

"I'm thinking we should make some popcorn to eat whilst we watch the show. Do you prefer sweet or salted?" Tyler asked. The two boys gave their preferences, and so everyone was waiting on Zoe.

"I don't know! I never have popcorn really," she answered, pulling a sad face.

"What kind of life do you lead?!" Connor exclaimed, making the others laugh.

"Seriously girl? I can't believe that. Right then, you're coming with me, so you can lose your popcorn making virginity. It's gonna be a very important moment in your life. You two can just watch whatever," Tyler smiled as he grabbed Zoe's arm, leading her out of the room, leaving Troye and Connor sitting on the bed together.

"What do you want to watch?" Troye asked as the door closed.

"Honestly?" Connor smiled, grabbing the laptop as he typed something in out of Troye's eyesight.

"Huh?" Troye queried, clearly confused — but all became clear as Connor turned the screen around, displaying a YouTube screen of "funny cat videos".

"So this is what you do in your free time?" he laughed, and Connor couldn't help but laugh too. He'd always been embarrassed, even ashamed, of his guilty pleasure — watching cat videos — and the fact that he shared it with Troye really showed something about their friendship.

"Pretty much," he smirked, "it's a way of life," and with that, he played the video.

"I can't see it," Troye said, grabbing the laptop and moving it closer to himself.

"Now I can't see it" Connor cried out, pulling it to his side again.

"Fine," Troye smirked, "we'll just have to move closer" and with that, he budged up to Connor, so that their sides were touching, and balanced the laptop on their legs. Connor winced as he noticed the instant formation of goosebumps on his arm from the contact. What was his body doing?!

"You're cold!" Troye declared, to which Connor winced at again. Why was he like this? How did Troye have such an effect on him?

"I- I am?" the American stuttered. 'Nice one, Connor,' he thought to himself, as he felt a soft, fluffy blanket being thrown over him.

"You're welcome," the Australian smiled, as he selected another cat video to watch.

"Oh, erm, thanks. Although I can't help but notice that you have way more of the blanket than I do!" Connor laughed back as he tugged on the blanket.

"I do not!" Troye laughed as he tugged back — and so the blanket war began as they watched cat videos.

Suddenly, the door swung open, and both of the boys immediately turned their heads to see Tyler and Zoe carrying bags full of popcorn.

"Look at you two, fighting like an old married couple!" Zoe laughed as they approached the bed. Connor knew it was just an expression, and that it didn't mean anything — so why did his cheeks immediately blush such a deep shade of red?

"What are you watching?" Tyler asked curiously, and the screen was turned towards him, he laughed. "Seriously? You're snuggled up together, watching funny cat videos?!"

"Relationship goals!" Zoe joked, and they all laughed — although part of Connor felt weird, because he knew that honestly, he wouldn't mind snuggling up with Troye and watching cat videos more often.

A/N Thank you so much for over 1k reads oh my goodness! This is probably my fave chapter I've written so far, and I'm really excited for the rest of the story! Enjoy :)