Chapter 22: Hello, Oliver

In the monastery... 

'We find Chase, we find my son,' Oliver said, walking around the corner with Nyssa, Slade, Dinah, Quentin, Rene and Diggle behind him. 

'Not so sure about that, hoss,' Rene said, and the doors opened, Adrian Chase walking through, unsheathing his sword, the Black Siren and several men dressed in black following him, presumably League of Assassins. Chase smiled sickeningly. 

'Hello, Oliver. Welcome back to purgatory.' 

'Where is my son?' Oliver asked. 

'I love this. Even now, you're still 10 steps behind.' 

'Where is my son?' he repeated. 

'William?' Chase asked. 'Good name,' he said, looking over at Black Siren. She smiled in an equally sickening way. 'Sort of a sweet kid, actually. You sure he's yours?' 

'Adrian, where is my son?!' 

'If you want to get your son back, you know what you have to do.' 

'I know what you want me to do. And I won't do it. I won't kill you. No matter what you do, that is never going to happen.' 

'Never say never.' And the fight began. 

On another part of the island... 

'Oliver, do you copy?!' Curtis exclaimed into the comms, as we all stood near, hoping to get some sort of answer on what to do about the bombs. 

'Are you sure you can't defuse these bombs?' Samantha asked Felicity as she worriedly glanced at her tablet. 

'Well, I can, with my equipment back in Star City,' she said, 'but with this teeny, tiny little tablet, all I can do is try and locate the trigger.' 

'Okay, but you can try, right?' Thea asked. 

'Yeah, I can try.' 

'Okay. Good,' Thea replied. 'You do that, and then, Curtis, you just work on the comms, okay?' 

'How?' 

'I don't know. You're the genius, all right, you both are, so we need you to do this, so you guys just got to both do this right now.' 

In the monastery... 

'Do it, Oliver, you know you want to,' Adrian said, being held in Oliver's tight headlock. 

'Yeah. Okay. Adrian, tell me where my son is!' 

'Never. It's all over, but only if you do it.' The fight ended, and the rest of the group turned to face Oliver and Chase, the latter of whom was still held in Oliver's grip. 'Do it, Oliver, and show everyone - show yourself who you really are!' He grunted. 

'No!' Oliver yelled, and let him go. He stood, pulling Adrian's gun from the back of his belt, emptying the bullets, and then throwing the gun aside. He was about to leave, then turned to his enemy. 'That's who I was. That's who I was!' he yelled. 'It's not who I am now. You can blame me for your father's death the rest of your life. I am done blaming myself for mine.' 

'I knew it would come to this,' Adrian replied softly, still recovering from the headlock as he came to his knees. 'Your son is dead, Oliver.' There was silence. Then Oliver walked forwards and grabbed Chase, making him look at him.