Chapter 5: And So It Begins

A couple days later... 

' "And So It Begins"?' Felicity asked, walking through the elevator door of the Arrow hideout, with myself, Oliver and Diggle walking behind her. 'Whoa, who knew Prometheus was a Babylon 5 fanboy?' Oliver and I both gave her confused looks. 'Don't judge until you've seen it.' 

'So what begins?' Diggle asked, as Oliver and I came over to our separate cases, putting our weapons away. 'That's the question.' 

'That's a good point,' Oliver replied. 'It would seem like he has already started, considering he's dropped two bodies.' I came forward with my hands on my hips. 

'I get killing Conahan,' I said, running a hand through my hair. 'He led the ACU team to help the Green Arrow rescue the city councilmen, but why take out Church?' 

'According to Detective Malone,' Oliver replied, 'it's because Church got in between Prometheus and his real target.' 

'The Green Arrow,' Felicity spoke. 

'Yes.' 

'But is he also targeting Athena?' Diggle asked, the three of them instantly looking over at me. I looked around at them. 

'I'd know it by now if someone were targeting me. Prometheus has made it very clear so far that his only target is the Green Arrow. If we can just figure out why - it might help us defeat him somehow.' 

'So Church goes after you,' Felicity spoke, 'Prometheus goes after Church, and - shunk!' Now it was our turn to frown at her. 'What? That was my throwing star sound effect. Why? What does yours sound like?' I chuckled quietly, shaking my head. 

'I just don't understand,' Diggle said. 'A person that leaves a trail of dead cops just to kill a guy who's after you because he wants to kill you himself.' 

'Well, I'll say it again,' Felicity said. 'This is serious enough to warrant telling the rest of the recruits.' 

'Who -' Diggle replied sharply, 'Curtis and 3 people we barely know, one of which gave up your identities to Church, who we can only pray didn't share that information with Prometheus?' 

'At this rate, John,' I chimed in, 'I wouldn't be surprised.' 

'Well, for the record, Rene didn't give up Oliver's, or Evelyn's identities,' Felicity defended. 'He was tortured.' 

'That's exactly why we have to keep them out of this,' Oliver replied. 'I don't want to put the recruits in harm's way until we know exactly what it is we're dealing with.' Just then my phone rang and I picked it up, the team noticing my visible grin as I started walking away from the group to answer it. When I finished, I came back to the group. 

'You guys will have to handle this, sorry. I've got to head down to the mayoral office. Something new with the foundation.' I walked away to get changed. Felicity frowned. 

'Oliver, you haven't noticed the way your sister's taken an interest in the new DA, Adrian - right?' 

'She likes him, I've noticed. He didn't stop talking about her yesterday either.' Oliver walked away. 

Several years ago. Russia (Evelyn/Athena's POV)

Anatoly Knyazev and Oliver Queen sat at the table, putting together a bomb, while I sat at the bar table, sipping a bottle of vodka, eyeing the two. 

'Okay... once you have wires attached - good,' Anatoly said, pointing to a wire on the circuit board. 'Take the other one and attach to battery and the other one to the igniter.' Oliver put down the small tool he was using.