Levi's eyes trailed down to your stomach again. Your hand found his, taking it and placing it on your stomach as Levi looked up at you before you lowered your head and rested it on his shoulder.

"If I stay like this for a while, maybe I'll fall back asleep."

You felt his thumb starting to rub circles on your stomach and you closed your eyes, letting out a sigh as your shoulders visibly relaxed. You let his touch soothe you back into the arms of slumber. And when Levi was sure you were sound asleep again, he stood up, carrying you back on the bed.

He pulled the blanket up on you before he looked out the window, seeing that the stars in the sky are starting to get less visible as the break of dawn approached.

When morning came, you and Levi headed to the dining halls. This time you managed to eat without throwing anything up, though you still feel a bit queasy, you managed to finish your breakfast.

Right after that, as you walked down the corridor, you briefly stopped to look outside. The sky is clear and it's a bright day ahead. You wonder what your brother did in The Underground, you had forgotten to ask Levi all about it last night and he's gone out after breakfast.

Shaking your head to dismiss the thought, you continued to walk to your office where a stack of papers was waiting for you on your desk.

Meanwhile, a white stallion gallop down the hill, from a distance where the sun is starting to rise, atop the stallion is a man. With his cape that bears the wings of freedom on its back, his eyes set ahead as he continued to push his stallion forward.

Erwin Smith, the Deputy Commander who will be the next in line to lead the Survey Corps. But before he became a soldier, he was first your older brother who also became your second father when your father passed away. You were much too young to comprehend things back then, and you never truly understood how your father passed away suddenly.

But your brother seemed as though he knew, yet he never once told you about anything that concerns your father's death. Nonetheless, he took care of you, and even though he had always been stern and stoic, there are times when he would show affection.

Although those times are rare, it reminds you that Erwin Smith is not just a soldier rank higher than you, he's not just your Deputy Commander. Those infrequent times remind you that he is also your older brother.

So it wasn't that surprising when the very next day right after breakfast, a soldier came into your office.

"Squad Leader Y/n," he said along with a salute as you looked up from the. "Deputy Commander Erwin has summoned you to his office."

"He's back from The Underground?"

"Yes, apparently he just returned."

You didn't see Erwin in the dining hall earlier when you had your breakfast so you're assuming that he just returned a few moments ago. But for him to ask you to come to his office instead of eating breakfast first when you knew he must be riding from the Interior at the break of dawn.

"Alright, I'll be right there in a few," you said, looking back at the documents before arranging the papers, separating the ones you've checked from the ones you haven't as the soldier left.

Pushing yourself up on the chair, you headed to Erwin's office. Once you're right outside, you knocked three times before hearing the familiar voice of your brother saying come in and you opened the door to see that he wasn't alone in his office.