Sometimes, even after a memory wipe, a droid's emotional attachment to a past owner can resurface. It is incredibly rare, and the result does not allow them to remember their past, however, it does re-establish a sense of familiarity and trust between any droid and its master

(Y/N) places a hand on him. "Don't worry, buddy, we'll fix your memory drive soon enough."

Luke looks blankly at the two people in front of him, still confused by the heavy knock on his head. (Y/N) and Obi-Wan cannot be certain of how strong the hit was, but they can assume it was strong enough to cause some damage.

(Y/N) kneels on the ground beside him and checks him for wounds. She places a finger before his face and moves it from side to side, encouraging Luke's eyes to track the movement. 

"Are you alright?" (Y/N) asks, checking the rate of his pulse. "Are you hurt?

"What happened?" Luke asks, attempting to get up.

(Y/N) applies slight pressure to his shoulder, urging him to be slow and steady as he stands.

"Rest easy, son," Obi-Wan urges. "You've had a busy day. You're fortunate you're still in one piece."

The innocent eyes of Luke Skywalker again meet with (Y/N)'s. Her son's eyes radiate such a strong feeling of comfort, something she is no longer familiar with.

Luke's eyes avert to Obi-Wan, and (Y/N) notices his expression changed instantly. Luke appears... excited by the sight of the old Jedi; relieved even. As his mother, she can't help but feel envious. This is the first time Luke has seen her since he was a newborn baby, and he has no idea who she is.

"Ben?" Luke asks. "Ben Kenobi! Boy, am I glad to see you!"

Obi-Wan gives her a sad look. He knows how difficult it must be for (Y/N) to face her son after 19 years. The saddest thing is that Luke has no idea who she is. He is more relieved to see Obi-Wan.

"The Jundland Wastes are not to be traveled lightly. Tell me, young Luke, what brings you out this far?" Obi-Wan asks.

"Oh, this little droid!" Luke exclaims, referring to the loveable Artoo. "I think he's searching for his former master... I've never seen such devotion in a droid before."

(Y/N) is well aware that Artoo's memory drive was wiped during the Republic's fall. Given that fact, he should have no memory of his former Master... Anakin Skywalker.

"He claims to be the property of an Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is he a relative of yours? Do you know who he's talking about?"

Obi-Wan looks at (Y/N) and scratches his scruffy beard. Before today, the only person on this planet who had ever referred to him as Obi-Wan was Owen Lars during his many, angry visits. Now, there seems to be no escaping his past.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi... Obi-Wan? Now, that's a name I do not hear often." Obi-Wan says.

"I think my uncle knew him. He said he was dead," Luke reveals.

"Oh, he's not dead," (Y/N) chuckles as she looks at her friend. "Well, not yet anyway."

Luke puts his hand on (Y/N)'s arm, excited by her revelation. She can see the lingering hope in her son's eyes at the thought of finding Obi-Wan Kenobi. She recognizes it as a feeling of heroism; feeling as though he has a chance to do something good that will make a difference.

"You know him!" Luke exclaims.

"Of course she knows him. He's me. I haven't gone by that name since...," Obi-Wan pauses and looks to (Y/N). There is a very distinct reason for his hidden identity, although he cannot say that here. "Well, since before you were born."

Ghost Of Me - Anakin Skywalker x Reader (BOOK 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara