"We have a clan dinner together. between the Kamisato clan and the Suzuki clan, we are both arranging the upcoming festival that is going to take part in a month or so," Ayato lied through his teeth.

What (Y/n) didn't know was that the Kimura clan was also involved, but Ayato didn't want to mention them. knowing it's a sensitive topic, he can only hope
this meeting can go smoothly. after all, both the Kamisato and Kimura clan strongly hate (Y/n) hanging around with the Kamisato lord. thinking it could break his image if she keeps clinging onto him like some 'parasite.'

Nodding in understanding, "i see," though (Y/n) didn't want to be intrusive, she can't help but be curious on the relationship between Chiyo and Ayato.

"How about you go take a breath of fresh air, i'll be out with you once i'm done reading this," Ayato suggested kindly.

"Promise?" (Y/n) asked and Ayato could only hold in his laughter. he doesn't know why, but she looked adorable right now.

"I promise."

"We are here to discuss about the agreements, correct?" the head of the Suzuki clan said as he sat in the center of the long table

All of the important lords and counselors from each clan are here to represent their own people. Ayato insisted on coming alone since he didn't want to bring Thoma to this boring meeting. even though Thoma wasn't an official counselor of the Kamisato clan, he volunteer to accompany Ayato. the Kamisato clan doesn't even have a counselor to begin with since Ayato is the only one in charge of the clan. so Ayato was fine going alone, representing his own clan.

"First, let's discuss about the marriage."

Ayato already wants to leave. it's always about marriage, money, politics, anything that involves boring topics, Ayato dreads from it. unfortunately it's his duty as a lord, he must listen and put his opinion on it.

"It seems lady Chiyo and lord Ayato are getting along well," one of the counselor from the Suzuki clan stated.

Humming delightfully, the lord of the Suzuki clan smiled, "have you made your decision on the marriage yet, lord Ayato?"

Clearing his throat, "even though we went on one date, i still have not made a decision." Ayato could feel his hand twitch when the Kimura clan popped in the conversation.

"If you're not interested in lady Chiyo, we have our lovely lady Mei. she is a beauty and is a professional in swordsmanship."

Kindly rejecting the offer, "thank you, but for now i would like to talk about something else beside marriage. as you all may know, we lords are busy so marriage can be a difficult thing to think about."

Humming in agreement, the Suzuki lord eyed Ayato, "i see, well hopefully you have your answer within a week or so. my daughter needs to be married off soon. you can be the man, lord Ayato."

Not replying, Ayato could only pull on a fake smile. then the meeting proceeded on, discussing about the upcoming festival and the commissions.

"Before we can end this meeting, i've been wanting to talk about this topic for awhile now." (Y/n)'s father said while making direct eye contact with Ayato's purple ones.

"It's been awhile since you and my firstborn daughter has been acquainted, correct?" Ayato didn't like where this was going.

"That is correct."

"And i want to know why. out of all the people, why her? the curse child of the Kiruma clan. the one who put misery in my people."

Furrowing his brows and trying to keep calm, Ayato didn't hesitate to answer, "because she's (Y/n). the woman that brings me her delicious food, that recommends me her favorite books, and the one that brightens my day with her smile. without her, i would be a boring man that doesn't have a hobby beside working."

Laughing mockingly, (Y/n)'s father had to wipe a tear, "very funny my lord, but we all know she will bring down your clan if you keep letting her attach to you. she's a witch i tell you. everyone in Inazuma knows that, so don't let her sweet kind personality fool you."

"What are you trying to imply?" this time, Ayato was glaring at the man.

"Cut off your ties with her. i don't care what you do, but stop interacting with her. your image is already going to be damage if you keep letting that witch cling onto you. you don't want that for your clan do you? especially for your little sister."

That hit the spot, Ayato was about to retort only to be interrupted by a small knock from outside of the meeting room.

"Come in."

Slowly opening the door, it revealed a servant, "sorry for the interruptions, my lords, but someone is here to see you."

Sighing tiredly, the Suzuki lord waved off the servant, "alright, let's end this meeting and meet again next week."

As the people of the room dispersed, Ayato was about to exit only to feel a hand on his shoulder. not even looking back, Ayato felt the hand tightened, "you're already bad enough for my daughter, so don't get her hopes up."

The Kimura clan left while Ayato stood there questioned what he said. what does he mean by that? get her hopes up? gritting his teeth and cursing quietly, Ayato left the Suzuki estate with a grim look.

a/n: ahhh i'm back from a week break! hopefully this chapter made up from all of your waiting, so thank you for being patient with me. 🥰

also thank you for all of your birthday wishes! turning 19 wasn't a big deal to me compared to turning 18 last year 😗 i only spent my birthday today on finishing work and taking a nap because most places were closed for Easter smh 😔

(not edited)
04/17/22