Age Reverse (fluff)

HELLO

IT IS 12:08 AM

I AM RUNNING SOLELY ON HOT CHOCOLATE.

Okay, this was requested by Bubbliez_Gacha ! Thank you for the request!!

Warnings for some very brief combat (against a hoglin, then a piglin :D)

WC: ~1500

Enjoy!

Whatever Xay had planned for that day, whatever he had originally hoped to get done, all of it went out the window when a little kid came rushing into the fortress, screeching about something or other, and then grabbed Xay's leg and buried his face in his armor.

It took all of Xay's willpower not to scream and kick the child.

Instead, all he managed to do was breathe out a "Wha-" as the kid let go of his leg and promptly sat down in front of him.

Where- who- what- Xay's brain sputtered. Who's kid is this?? Does Hels know about this?? Where did it come from?? How did it end up over here??

Wait...

He glanced down at the kid, kneeling to be at eye level with him. Bright red eyes, fluffy blonde hair, but a scarless face.

It can't be, Xay told himself firmly. That's insane. Unless I'm dreaming...

"What's your name?" Xay asked the child in his nicest voice.

"Hels," he replied, smiling. "'M Hels."

"Shi- uh-" Xay cut himself off. He stared at tiny Hels, who indignantly stared back, before opting to just run away.

"Wh- get back here!!" Xay shouted, chasing after the little knight.

To no one's surprise, Hels did not listen.

A couple of minutes later, Xay had caught Hels and placed him in a two-by-two pool of lava. Xay sat down on the netherrack and kept a watchful eye on him as he frantically messaged Xisuma. Hels seemed entertained, shrieking with delight and splashing in the shallow lava.

"Okay," Xay muttered to no one in particular. "Hels is a little kid, probably one or two. Somehow." He checked his communicator for a response from Xisuma.

<XisumaVoid> I'm on my way.

Xay exhaled in relief.

<XanthusVoid> hurry.

He paused, then sent a second message.

<XanthusVoid> uh. please.

<XisumaVoid> Keep him entertained until then! Little kids like to talk to other people :-)

<XanthusVoid> what do I talk to him about??? the color of the void-forsaken sky???

<XisumaVoid> No. Ask him basic questions, like what he's doing, or explain to him something small, like how to stack bits of netherrack on top of each other.

Xay sighed and closed his communicator, glancing at Hels.

Or, at least, the spot where Hels had been.

"Crap!" Xay shouted, standing up in a rush. "Hels!! You son of a- uh-" he gave up on figuring out a family-friendly insult and began searching for him.

I am so dead, Xay remarked internally. Xisuma is going to kill me. I just lost the Nether's greatest champion. He looked around, trying to think of where he would've gone.