CHAPTER EIGHT: THE TRUTH

NICK/SAPNAP POV

I take a deep breath before knocking on Clay's door.

I think it's about time to tell the truth about not coding this video myself. I'm not sure if he's going to be mad, or if he's going to laugh. Maybe he'll be understandable and it'll all be okay. Probably not.

My other worry is how y/n is going to react to all of this. I haven't been completely honest with them. I panicked when I said Clyde and Gary instead of Clay and George. I can't say I'm a streamer or youtuber since they've been to my house. Clay would kill me if our address got doxed because I was an idiot.

That's the only reason I invited y/n to our house. They said they don't really watch Minecraft videos. They have no idea about the community or who we are, but I can't tell them about any of it. It could put Dream's identity at risk.

Ugh, I'm such an idiot.

I knock on the door quietly, and I hear a faint 'come in' from Clay. I open the door slowly and take another deep breath.

"Um, Clay?" I ask quietly.

He's laying on his bed in sweatpants and a t-shirt. He has a blanket over only half of his body. One of his legs is draped off the side of the bed. I decide to not even ask.

"You okay?" His brows furrow as he sits up. "What's wrong?"

"I think we should push back filming for a little bit," I try to sound casual, but my voice is just a tad bit too high pitched.

Clay scoffs. "Why? I thought your code was just going so well." He laughs at himself but stops when he sees my face. "What did you do?"

I laugh nervously. "Pft, nothing."

He gives me a pointed look. "Nick."

"Clay." I copy his tone of voice. When he doesn't respond, I give into the silence. "Okay, so I may have something to admit."

"What did you do?" He repeats himself.

"Why do you assume I did something? What if something had happened to me, and you're just totally putting it on me?"

"I'm sorry, let me rephrase," Clay says in a sarcastic way. "What happened, Nick?"

I scratch the back of my neck. "I couldn't code the video, so I hired someone to do it. Then the code wasn't running, and I didn't know what to do. So then I called them to help me out with getting it to work in Minecraft, but we still can't find a solution." I take a deep breath and look at my feet now. "Long story short, there's someone upstairs in my room right now, and we need you to look at some code."

Clay somehow launches out of the bed and is standing now. "What?"

I shrug. "No biggie, right?"

"Um, big biggie." Clay scoffs. "Why would you invite someone to our house? What if they try to dox us or something?"

I smile with a little hope. "Great news, they have no clue about the Minecraft community. I asked."

"And if they're lying?"

"I trust y/n." I nod once in confidence.

"Who's y/n?"

"The person upstairs." I give him a look. "Duh."

Clay puts his head into his hands and takes one big deep breath before looking up to me. "Okay, here's what we're going to do."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

FINALLY they're going to meet haha.. well, sorta ;)

have an amazing day!