"Caged Animal"

We were in limbo for what seemed like two days. Cat taught me the beginning of muay Thai, kickboxing, judo, and other badass styles. She said that all of us hybrids have a hidden gift ready to unleash itself from within us, it's like a caged animal. An animal clawing at our bodies. My inner animal apparently was fast learning. Cat was surprised at how fast I exceeded in the martial arts, and so was I. I never felt more alive in my life. We fought at least a hundred times. Then Gabriel left and came back with weapons. Even though time was non existent in Limbo, it felt like months we'd been training.
I had chosen a sword to be my weapon of choice, I just like the thought of slashing through anyone that crosses me. Months had passed. It was going by quickly, if it weren't for the atmosphere of Limbo, I'd be starving right now, or tired. We were unstoppable. She beat me up most of the time, but there were few times that I actually won. And the sword that Gabriel gave me had a cross engraved into it. The thought of having God watch over me is a concept I have a hard time wrapping my head around.
After what seemed like months of training, Gabriel finally stopped us.

"You've done well Daniel, you have a few hiccups now and then, but we'll fix those."

Yeah but aside from that I'm great right?

Cazul stepped into the conversation.
"You're awesome Daniel." She said it in a very weird serious tone. Then she whispered "Between you and me.. you were much better than I was when I first started." Then she smiled at me. "Alright. Cat, Daniel, we have to go now. I think they've noticed." Who exactly are "they"? "Well, this place isn't perfect. It's filled with lost souls that never decided to move on and walk towards their judgement. Some of the souls are kind, but most of them are wicked. And when they see living creatures in Limbo, their envy makes them angry, and they try to kill us. Not that they can, but they can put a scratch in you." Well let's go, what are we waiting for?
Gabriel was already gone. Cat, can you help me out here? "Give me your hands." Huh? "Your hands Gabriel." Oh okay, of course.
I held my hands out, and she grabbed them. Her hands were soft and warm, but I couldn't show any affection. I didn't want to creep her out.
"Here we go." Her hands started glowing, light blue colors. And a star appeared on her forehead, it lit up like it was real. She was zoned out, and her eyes lit up too. But only for a quick second until we appeared back at the crusty old building. I was surprised to see that nothing changed, the clock was literally only a few seconds farther than the time it was before we entered. Technically I trained for a half second, but in Limbo it felt like months.

"Well, that was fun right Daniel?" Gabriel asked, I couldn't tell if he was serious. "Yeah it was, and he is indeed a natural." Cazul interrupted.
Thank you Cat.
"No problem. Plus you knocked me down a few times. You're the first person to have ever done that. I gotta take you back now. I hope you get better."
I do too.
We start walking out of the building, when it started shaking, vibrating.
"Oh noo! Gabriel? Shit, he's already gone."
Uuh, what's wrong? "You remember what I said about the lost spirits? Well they definitely noticed us, and they can follow us back if we take too long to re enter into the physical world." What are you saying?!! "Uum, do you think you're ready to fight?" What? I mean I guess I am, but no. I can't ju...
"Here they come, don't be frightened, just use your sword." Just use my, wait are you gonna help me at least? "I don't know if I..." BOOM! What the, what the hell?
I was back in Limbo, but this time it's scary, almost like hell, and I'm alone. The spirits know how to make the best of what they got. But it's still scary as shit.
I don't have time to be afraid, the training wasn't for nothing. The spirits can't be that bad right? Can they?
"Hello Daniel." Huh? Who's there? "We saw you playing with those knives and swords. You seem like you know what you're doing. But tell us, do you really think you can kill us? There's no God here, Gabriel is a liar. You're still not over your mother! How could you handle us when you can't even handle your emotions? You're so easily offended, I wonder if you're just as easily sliced open."
Yeah, and what the hell could you possibly know about me?

"Oh, we know everything. You lost your mom, your step dad beat you senseless, you're still a little boy. Like he said you would be."
Oh yeah? At least I don't bitch all day about being stuck in this hell hole, you envy me! That's why you watch me!
"You're yelling, you aren't as tough as you act. You're soft, and we're going to kill you just as you are."
I'm angry, I hate these people. They aren't even people. I'm tired of everyone telling me who I am! I am Daniel Chrome! I am not afraud! And I'll show them what training does!
Why don't you and whoever "they" are, get down here and show me? "As you insist."
They ran in front of me, they looked disgusting. Their bodies aren't proportional, they look torn apart. How much harm could they do?
"Hahaha!!"
I took out my sword. It's red hot from my body heat, like before. But it was perfectly heated with me, it didn't melt like police chains.
I pulled it out with anger, and I ran towards the spirits. Their smiling faces are driving me crazy. I sliced through the first one with ease. The rest start to look at me differently, I can tell that they aren't underestimating me anymore, and I'm glad.
I stabbed the second one, and other another one stabbed me through my back. I couldn't feel it, I could, but it felt... It felt good. "Get him!" The other souls stabbed me. One through my kidney, through my arm, my leg, and my shoulder blade. "Hold him down!!"
They're pulling down on me, forcing me to take a knee. But I refuse to give in, this is fun! I will live! They will NOT have me. Aaaahh! Fuck OFF!
I threw them all off at once. Their bodies were moving slower. Everything is clearer and In plain view, and my body is glowing with red veins and my back started to burn. I felt unstoppable, my heart was beating like a snare drum. I'm a little afraid, of myself. Aahh! I jumped up to one of the demons I knocked back, and I sliced it into pieces. I threw the head I cut off at the second demon, it fell to the ground. I landed on the ground and jumped up to it, and stabbed it's chest. It growled a little before it trembled and died. The only one left was the one that was taunting me.

"Listen, before you do this, understand that we will never stop coming, we're your kin and our blood rushes through you. We were once angels just like Gabriel, and we will..."
I smashed the demons head in with the back of my sword. DEAD DEAD, YOU'RE ALL GONNA BE DEAD!
Huh? I appeared back at the building, Sun still shining. And I still had the adrenaline, so I jumped back to the cave. This time I got miles of land covered in one jump. I landed on top of the cave after the second jump. It was wearing off, my strength. Cat was following me the whole time, she looked afraid of me.
I won't stop until all of them are dead! I won't!
"Okay Daniel, you need rest."
I can't! I, I can...
The adrenaline was gone, I was exhausted. I fell asleep. This time it was deeper than usual, and I'm ready to wake up and fight the demons. After my training, I'll be ready. But until then, I need to control this thing.