she gets jealous of Kyujin

Start from the beginning

You looked up to her and told her your concern about the leg isolations in the chorus as well as with the arm locks and hand angles. As you were speaking, Kyujin would nod to show you her acknowledgement and enthusiasm.

"If you do not mind, unnie, can I watch you perform? In that way, I can gauge your accuracy and consistency so far." 

You nodded in response, completely pulling away from the hug. You set the speaker and handed Kyujin your phone for her to be in control of the music. Afterwards, you went to your position and posed accordingly.

Upon cognizing that position and that pose, a smile tugged on Kyujin's lips.

"Interesting. So, you are in charge of covering me, unnie." 

Then, Kyujin pressed the 'play' button. She is looking at you intensely as soon as you begin to dance. You tried your best not to be intimidated by this. 

As the song came to an end, Kyujin whistled and applauded.

"Now, I see why you have been assigned to cover me, unnie. Our techniques are very similar. You have great energy. Your facial expressions are also on point. You are such a charismatic dancer. However, you indeed have some minor issues with your arm locks, hand angles, and leg isolations, but we can work on that." 

Kyujin helped you in improving your leg isolations by demonstrating the move to you and giving you tips. That is where the two of you mainly worked on for an hour and a half. It certainly did not come into a waste since your leg isolations became consistent afterwards.

Kyujin gave you a high five.

"There you go, unnie! On to the next one, let's work on your arm locks and hand angles." 

Similar to before, Kyujin gave you a demonstration and a few tips so that you can properly execute the arm locks and hand tutting. But after half an hour, there seemed to be no improvement.

You were starting to get frustrated with yourself as well. Kyujin was quick to console you. She tried to think of anything else that she could do to help you. As soon as she thought of one, she stood behind you and placed her hands on your triceps before she moved them down to your forearms. This caught you off guard. Eventually, you relaxed as you figured out what she was trying to do.

Kyujin began to guide you in lining your arms and angling your hands properly.

On the other hand, Haewon finished her schedule half an hour ago. She thought of coming by the dance studio where you and Kyujin were at. It is just nearby after all. Before she does so though, she came by a café to get herself an iced Americano. She bought your favorite drink along with Kyujin's. She also got some cookies for the three of you to share.

Haewon thanked the waitress as she received her order before going out and making her way to the dance studio. She was elated with the thought of seeing you and spending time with you after a long tiring day for her. Although this day was enjoyable for her since she met a lot of their fans, she couldn't help but to feel exhausted still.

Haewon moved the paper bag containing the cookies and takeout cup holders to one hand to turn the door handle open. She was about to greet you but she was silenced by the sight that welcomed her. She took a look of the two of you from head to toe. She found Kyujin standing behind you and holding your hand with one hand. While, the other was resting on your left forearm. The two of you were giggling among yourselves. You were looking at Kyujin with an eye smile. 

Haewon disliked the lack of the distance between the two of you and the way that you were looking at Kyujin.

Haewon's lips quivered disbelievingly, then her jaw clenched slightly. She is not the so-called 'jealous type' and as a matter of fact, she has a higher tendency to do something that would make you feel jealous. However, she feels really annoyed right now. Her jealousy was also fueling her competitiveness. She wanted to get your attention so bad.

Haewon clicked her tongue. The sound resonated and caught the attention of the two of you. You and Kyujin looked towards the direction where the sound came from. You saw Haewon looking down at Kyujin. She had a smile on her face. But then, the creases were only up to her cheek and not to her eyes.

"Haewon-unnie! You're... You're done with the online fansign." Kyujin stammered, retreating from you and emitting a nervous laugh.

"Uh-huh." 

Haewon completely stepped into the dance studio and put the drinks along with the paper bag down. Kyujin swallowed hard.

"How did it go? How is Y/N doing now?" She asked Kyujin while she was taking the cookie jar out of the paper bag.

"It went well! Her arm locks and leg isolations are now polished. We are just working on her hand angles." 

"Kyujin is such a great mentor at a young age." 

This remark stung Haewon, fueling up her competitiveness even more. 

"Is that so? Well, I am glad to know all that. The two of you, come over and have some snacks first."

You and Kyujin quickly complied. Both of you walked towards Haewon, sitting down on the floor near her. The latter distributed the cookies evenly before handing your respective drinks.

"By the way, Kyujin-ah, thank you for assisting Y/N."

"My pleasure, unnie."

"You did a good job, but I will take it from here."

You and Kyujin exchanged glances hearing this from Haewon. This is unusual from her, especially when she came from work. Under normal circumstances, she would rather rest and simply monitor the two of you. This is not the first time that Kyujin assisted you. The maknae of NMIXX also helped you in polishing your moves for your audition piece. During that time, Haewon just monitored the two of you.

That is how you knew that there was something right now. You knew that she could be jealous.

"Are you sure, unnie?"

"Yes."

"Okay then."

Silence filled the room as the three of you busied yourselves with eating. Afterwards, Kyujin bid farewell to the two of you. She has a scheduled session for her chosen private lesson in two hours, and she will start preparing for it. 

When Kyujin left, you faced Haewon and gazed at her knowingly. 

"What?"

"What was that?"

"What do you mean?"

You raised a brow in disapproval, crossing your arms.

"You know what I mean. I just did not call you out for the way that you were acting towards Kyujin earlier, but that doesn't mean that I did not notice it."

Haewon sighed in defeat.

"Fine, fine. I will admit it... I was jealous. The first thing that I saw as soon as I opened the door was the two of you seemingly cuddling. So, can you blame me? On top of that, she was making you giggle and your eyes smile. You didn't even notice my presence until I made a noise..." She grumbled.

"Listen up, jagiya, the reason why we were in that position is because Kyujin was guiding me in lining my arms and angling my hands. There was nothing more to it. Then, we were giggling over a mistake that she made." You explained, but she was looking downward. 

You heaved a sigh, cupping her cheek and making her look at you. You looked at her lovingly as you brushed your thumb against her skin.

"Look, jagiya, I may find Kyujin as a great mentor, but it is just that. Do not get me wrong. Kyujin is a wonderful person. I care for her. I love her but not the way and as much as I love you. My relationship with her is platonic. My relationship with you is romantic. That is why I am dating you. It is only you whom I love romantically." 

Upon hearing all these, a smile uncontrollably formed on Haewon's lips. She was in glee with the assurance that you gave her. Following that, she nuzzled against your palm.

"I love you so much, Y/N... I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier. I allowed my emotions to cloud my judgment."

"I love you too, and I understand. However, you would have to apologize to Kyujin as well. You scared the girl half to death, you know?"

"I will."