CH 21 || To Look Death In The Face

Start from the beginning

​​「 You dog! 」 He hears Shouto shout, then loud steps, with Tenya attempting to defuse the situation. ​​「 Stop it. He is absolutely right... 」

​​「 Todoroki. 」 Aizawa's voice — it sounded nearer than the rest — said his friend's name, almost like a warning.

Blinking his eyes open, BoBoiBoy shifts into a more comfortable situation — sitting upright. ​​「 Roki? 」 He called out. ​​「 Why... Why are you angry? 」 Confused, he waited for his vision to stop being blurry and was greeted by a relieved bunch of faces.

​​「 Hear him out until the end, will you? 」 Said the old man who he remembered was the pro hero Izuku was interning with.

​​「 That was the official opinion of the police. 」 The anthropomorphic dog stated (wait what?). ​​「 And the punishment and such would only happen if this were all made public, woof. 」

​​「 If this were made public, you would probably be applauded by the public, but you would not be able to escape punishment. On the other hand, this is a bit underhanded, but if it is not made public, the Endeavor and burn scars would support Eraser Head being the hero who saved the day, and it would end there, woof. 」

BoBoiBoy was beyond confused at this point. What did he wake up to? If he looked at the context clues, the anthropomorphic dog must be associated with the police and that punishment could be avoided(?) Okay, this is definitely too much brain usage for someone who just woke up.

​​「 I would rather not take the credit, honestly... too much spotlight... 」 Aizawa muttered irately. The man was sitting on a chair next to the brunet's bedside.

​​「 Thankfully, there were very few witnesses. This violation could be crushed here, woof. 」 The anthropomorphic dog explained, ​​「 But this would also mean no one would know about your good judgment or achievements. Which do you prefer? 」

​​「 Personally, I don't want to be the one to find fault with promising young ones because of one big mistake, woof. 」 He gave them a thumbs up. Another pro hero, one BoBoiBoy assumes is the hero Tenya's interning with, comes forward. ​​「 Either way, we will need to take responsibility for being negligent in our supervisory duties. 」 The pro hero stated.

Tenya walked towards the man, bowing, as he apologized. 「 I am truly sorry. 」 The pro hero lightly hand chopped Tenya's head, scolding him for his actions. ​​「 All right. You'll cause trouble for others! If you understand, then don't do it again! 」

​​「 I won't! 」 Tenya exclaimed.

Izuku then bows his head, apologizing as well. ​​「 Please take care of it. 」 Shouto, who seems to have calmed down, says as he bows his head. Not really understanding what's going on, BoBoiBoy follows his friends' lead and bows as well.

​​「 Because of the unfairness of adults, you will not be able to receive the praise you would probably have gotten, but at least, as someone who also protects the peace, I can say thank you. 」 The anthropomorphic dog stated as he bowed to them in gratitude.

Shouto huffed, looking away. ​​「 Please start with that next time. 」

​​「 Unfortunately, however, because of your involvement with the hero killer, your intern will be put in the spotlight a bit, Eraser Head 」 The anthropomorphic dog remarked. Aizawa nodded, a pensive look on his face. BoBoiBoy couldn't help but blame himself.

​​「 I'm sorry... I shouldn't have gone there... 」 He muttered, wrapping his arms around himself. ​​「 I swear...! I tried to do as you told me! I could've gotten away... I should've gotten away... 」 Aizawa placed his hands on the brunet shoulder. The raven-haired man's expression tells him that he doesn't have to force himself to tell him.