CH 19 || From A Hero To A Villain

Start from the beginning

Why don't you split? The thought seemed to say.

Taufan looked down at his watch, and for a moment, he felt himself back in the battle against Retak'ka. He let out a choked gasp as he clutched his chest. No. No! He can't . . . This wasn't safe. What if someone steals everyone away again? All Might and Tsukauchi said there was a man who could, possibly. What if he was here? No. No! NO!

. . . . .

Taking deep breaths, Taufan took a moment to calm himself. He quickly licked the tip of his index and middle finger, raising his two fingers up. 【 No wind tonight... 】 The wind element muttered, brows furrowing, as he dropped his hand. He looked at his power watch again. 【 You're up, Gempa. 】

In a flash of light, Gempa appeared in Taufan's place. Gempa jumped down from the roof, landing on the ground. He placed his hands on the ground, closing his eyes, as he focused on feeling. 【 A lot of people to our north, a few to our west, and... 】 Gempa tensed, his eyes snapping open, as he looked opposite of his north.

【 South... is the Hero Killer... 】

Halilintar dashed through the city. He should've texted Eraser Head, but there still could be a chance that wasn't the Hero Killer, and he couldn't just stand still and not do anything about it if the Hero Killer had some unfortunate pro hero in his clutches. He'll be too late if he keeps hesitating now. He closes in on the alleyway where Gempa sensed the villain except there was another person there.

As he turns the corner, Halilintar's eyes zoned in on the familiar figure he's seen in the news and in the case files. He witnessed the Hero Killer stab the pro hero, and without a second more, he zipped towards him. Sensing the element's presence, the Hero Killer backed away to dodge the thunder blades that nearly struck a direct hit on him, but it merely grazed him. The villain glared at Halilintar, who stood in between him and the wounded pro hero.

​​「 Hero Killer: Stain. 」 Halilintar named the villain, who raised a brow at him curiously—a glint of recognition in his eyes. ​​「 I know who you are. 」 The villain said as Halilintar tried to keep his face blank from showing the shiver he felt just from hearing the Hero Killer speak.

The villain raised his blade, and the lightning element readied himself for any incoming attack, but instead, the Hero Killer licked his blood covered blade. Halilintar held in his disgust, keeping his focus on the man in front of him. He couldn't lose concentration right now, and while the villain isn't paying attention, Halilintar sends his location to Eraser Head.

Hopefully, he only has to distract the Hero Killer for a little while.

​​「 Sir. Can you move? 」 Halilintar murmured to the downed pro hero, who grunted in response. ​​「 No... I can't move a muscle for some reason. 」

Halilintar keeps his eyes on the villain, the gears in his mind turning as he tries to figure out his next course of action. ​​「 Don't interfere. This is no place for children. 」 The Hero Killer suddenly said, his gaze piercing the teen. ​​「 Leave... because whatever you do next, can make you my target, too. 」

The lightning element gritted his teeth. ​​「 I never realized the Hero Killer was also a child killer. 」 The villain narrowed his eyes at Halilintar, and before anyone could say or do anything, Halilintar moved first. The Hero Killer blinked, and suddenly, the lightning element's blades threw at him, which the villain easily blocked with his own blades.

The paralyzed pro hero let out a surprised grunt as Halilintar lifted him onto his back and sped off in a flash of red lightning, narrowly dodging the knife that was thrown at them. Halilintar ran while carrying the pro hero. It slowed him down significantly. Not just because of the lead but also making sure he doesn't accidentally electrocute the pro hero. ​