xiii. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲

"I'm not doing this with you today!" Cullens early morning had been interfered by his dad, trying to talk to him and bring up how the school called

"I'm not doing this with you today!" Cullens early morning had been interfered by his dad, trying to talk to him and bring up how the school called. "I have no time."

"Cullen." he followed him through the house. "Look, son, i'm worried about you."

Cullen laughed. "You are?"

"I don't know what's going on." Landon spoke, stopping by the kitchen as Cullen got his bag near the door. "I just wanna help."

"Yeah? By sending me away again? That helped a lot." Cullen spoke disrespectfully. Thing was, he knew what he said to his dad was always harsh, and he knew that if anyone spoke to him that way he'd knock them upside the head. But, Landon never did much aside from raise his voice. Maybe that was because, deep down, he knew that he was the cause of all of this.

"I got scared. I didn't want you to go to jail!" he yelled to him, because this conversation seemed to be so recurring.

"I was scared too!" Cullen yelled in return, shoving a finger at himself.

"What was I suppose to do? Let you get taken away?" Landon shook his head at him. "Nothing I was doing or saying was getting through to you."

"What was it you were saying?" his son mocked in return. "That you wish I was a better son? Wish I cared more about my future? So do I!"

He walked into his room, but the hallway was narrow. "You wish I was more like Demetri? So do I!"

He yanked it from the bed, shoving his phone into his pocket. "You want me to be different? So do I!"

"Just w-" Landon started as Cullen went for the door.

"Unlike you, I can't just let my mom go and move on like everything is so perfect." he wanted to slap himself for the way his voice broke and eyes started to get glossy, freezing as he looked back at his dad. "You didn't have to see it happen for years. You never had to experience your mom loving drugs more then you. Demetri never had to either. Or Rose. And that a good thing, you know? Because no matter how much I can't stand to even look at you anymore, I would never wish this feeling on anyone! Especially not a child that is forced to live with his dad, who never gave much of a shit about him in the first place!"

Then, he was gone, with a slam of the door.

The thing was, Cullen knew he should have been at the All Valley, he knew his team was counting on him. But, after what happened this morning, he couldn't bring himself to show up. He hoped on a bus, and he ended up standing infront of a large house. He knew the address from a small instagram post not too long ago, his phone turned off after so many calls came through. The guilt got to him, but Cullen needed this.

"Aisha." he smiled as she opened the door, hugging her tightly.

"How'd you find my house?" she laughed, hugging him back. "When did you get home?"