x. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫

"Listen up

"Listen up. Gather around." Terry spoke up, the Cobra Kai's crowding together to listen to their sensei. "We just had a little powwow with the senseis at Miyagi-Do. From here on out, there'll be no more fighting until the tournament."

"So our enemies get to humiliate us, and we have to back down and take it?" Tory asked in disbelief from the front row.

"Of course not. We should always show our enemies no mercy." Kreese spoke up from behind Silvers.

"But there's a time to fight." Terry interfered. "No need to waste a punch if it's not gonna score a point."

Cullen looked at Robby.

"So if your enemies do something to mess with you or laugh in your face, good!" Terry looked down the line of students. "Take all that anger and store it. Because you're gonna need it when the time comes. Is that understood?"

"Yes, sensei." they all said back on sync.

Cullen had gathered around his bag, getting a instagram message. His eyes bulged down at it widely, unexpected. He looked back, seeing Tory and Robby had been talking to each other along with Kyler. He didn't go over there, he stayed with his phone, and his instagram message that he hadn't expected to receive.

Cullen had sold a expensive vase from his house to pay for the bus ride, riding for two hours before arriving a few towns over. It was run down, and cheap, relatively dirty. Cullen avoided meeting anyones eye, going to the location he'd received. He started to chew at the skin around his nails, a habit he hadn't done since he was a child. Yet, he didn't notice. How could he?

"Cullen?" the voice rung, causing him to look back quickly.

The brunette blinked, a grin going over his lips. "Mom."

"Look at you, so grown." she gapped, hugging him tightly. She smelt like gasoline and smoke. She was tall and skinny, her hair was thinning and greasy. Cullen remember the night she left, and somehow, she didn't look much different. "Jesus, almost didn't recognize you."

"How'd you find me?" he held onto her tightly, shutting his eyes and inhaling deeply.

"I saw you poking around a few weeks ago on my old instagram. I can't use that one anymore so I made a new one." she held him tightly for a moment longer. "You look healthy, let me look at you good."

"What do you mean you can't use your old instagram?" Cullen asked as she held his face, examining him longer. "What happened?"

"Just angry salers." she laughed, letting him go with a smile. "You hungry?"

"Yeah." Cullen smiled, letting her lead him through the dirty streets.

"So, you live here with your boyfriend?" Cullen looked around at the small, terribly dirty apartment. "How long?"