[ 1 ]

[===]
“ I am just a fool to keep on chasing after nothing great
You are just a fool to keep pretending that you're loving me
I don't know where I'm supposed to go ”
Fool - Cavetown
[===]

Match huffed, climbing up a wall and onto a roof. The tile was loud under his thundering steps, but he couldn't care less.

His heart pounded in his ears, body aching being registered dimly in the back of his mind. The adrenaline rush felt good, mind racing excitedly as he jumped across buildings, took turns, ducked up and down.

Everything had been fine before, a boring mission with a boring plan. Then, of course, they ran into a problem.

They always run into problems, though. Such a good plan, too, courtesy of Crackle, of course. Then again, his ideas do tend to be on the more hellish side.

Match shook his head to rid himself of the thoughts, blonde hair falling in front of his blue eyes at the action.

Match brought his hand up, pressing his index finger against the communicator in his ear. "I think we should go with plan R next time, Crackle." Match told, sliding under a pipe on the roof he was on top of. Match grinned brightly as he heard a light 'thunk' from the pipe, a throwing knife digging deep into the metal. Successfully avoided.

Static flickered over the communicators, soon fading out into the background, "I thought you hated plan R?" The others laugh rang out after. It made Match want to laugh too. He stood, just before the ledge of the building, using his momentum to jump across the large gap that he probably wouldn't have been able to make without his scrapped together gear.

He actually did almost burst out laughing when there was a thud, a yelp, and a crashing sound in the alleyway below. There goes that problem, he decided though he didn't stop moving.

He jumped over another gap in-between the buildings, feet skidding against the rough asphalt of this one as he looked around. Tall buildings scattered, reaching high into the sky that it felt like they'd touch the clouds if they went any higher. They wouldn't, though.

The buildings were mostly for big businesses, or banks. Las Nevadas Inc is a big hitter, not only having a bank but a casino, too. Not many win at the casino, and most take it as a challenge, but at the same time no-one minds because most of their money ends up funding food banks or homeless shelters.

Match would be lying if he said that he didn't like the people that worked at the casino, either. Always a bright place.

Fundy, one of the members you could play against for a big prize. He's a master of cards, a foxy grin constantly plastered on his face or a devilish glint in his eyes. Match met him on the street once, doing card magic just for the fun of it instead of earning a bit of cash. They played a game of cards, and although Fundy would've won, he had forfeited. He'd tried to give the money owed to Match, a 20, but Match told him to keep it and instead to agree that they'd play again some time. It was a promise.

Purpled, a guard who was not only personally trained by Sam Warden, a popular hero and member of Las Nevadas, but also got taught by Merc, basically a mercenary for both heroes and vigilantes. Match originally thought he'd be a bland prick because of that, but it turned out he was pretty funny. Match had hung out with him to escape lessons with Quackity a couple times, and they stargazed for majority of it. He also helped Match with his fighting stance, and they sparred.

Sam, also security for the casino. Match hadn't talked to him too much, though. Pretty strong, and good at figuring people out. Match learned that by Sam passing him letters while walking past him out of costume, usually a task assigned by ‘Sam Nook’. No idea how he knew he liked animal crossing, but he did the same thing with Crackle, which was a lot of fun.