Chapter 36

.
.
TW: Death. Suicidal thoughts. Read at your own risk.

"Dun ka nga sa kabila maghanap! Para magkaiba tayo ng ireregalo sa bata!" Vince motioned me to go away.

I shook my head and sighed before walking to the other section. I decided to call Tristan. He knows his little brother's preference when it comes to toys.

I'm just got my a three months break from work. I planned to spend it with my Mom and friends. That's it.

[Niko,] bungad niya. "O, nakahanap na kayo?"

"What toy does your brother like?" I felt grumpy.

[Naghahanap na nga kayo ng laruan?]

I was sharply looking at the toys displayed, walking pass sections that doesn't get much of my attention. Until I stopped when my eyes caught a figure of a woman holding a toy. She was frowning while staring at a toy in her hand. Her lips quivered while inspecting it.

My eyes stared at her. I'm not interested. But why the fuck can't I look away?

"Gago, ilan kaya sahod mo?" The woman asked curiously.

"Here looking for it," I answered at Tristan.

I watched as she dropped the toy. I guess I surprised her because she thought she's alone in this section. That was the time I got a look at the toy. It was a figure of a sea Captain. It amused me. I continued the conversation with Tristan on the phone and ended it eventually. She looked stunning regardless of being alarmed.

I completely faced her before handing her the toy I picked up. When her eyes met mine, I felt two of my organs pulsate. My heart thumped. Pero hindi ko inaasahan ang pagpintig rin ng etits ko.

"Pre, nakikinig ka ba, pre? Ano ba iniisip mo?" Pag-eepal ni Vince. I was watching cruise documentaries on my phone but my mind kept drifting on a specific person.

Olivia M. Bautista.

Good thing my eyes were quick to scan her ID. I memorized her name that easy. Every letter. I had her name carved on my mind which is ridiculous. I'm not the type of guy who easily gets attracted to a woman. So it disturbed me as to why she's messing my mind.

"Alam mo, pre. Dapat pala kinuha ko number nung babae sa mall," Vince sighed, looking so problematic. "Type ko pa naman. Sayang."

My brows furrowed as I looked at him. I didn't look at him and tried to ignore what he said.

"Bagay siguro kami," pagbubulong niya sa tabi.

Unintentionally, my jaw clenched. "Hindi ka type non," I said.

"Papaanong hindi? Hindi niya kayang tanggihan ang charms k–" Vince scanned my face. His face changed expressions. Napatakip siya sa bibig at nanlalaki ang mga mata.

And I got annoyed when he suddenly laughed like an idiot.

"Stand up. I can see you cleavage," I told her while looking away. Saglit ko lang nakita. But I immediately diverted my gaze. She was picking up a soda that fell.

Napakagaling. Tinawag pa akong pervert.

Umiwas ako ng tingin. Pero akala ata tinitigan ko dibdib niya kasi nakatingin na ako sa kanya nung humarap siya.

"Look, Miss. You're not my type," I casually said. Although I'm not really sure if I'm lying to myself or not.

Many times, I tried to avoid glancing at her. I put my tongue on the side of my cheek inwardly and sipped from my water. She's seated across the table with her friends.