Chapter 09: A trip to Asgard leads to an arranged marriage

Freya's POV
We appeared in a large golden room and when I looked out the exit I saw a rainbow bridge leading up to a castle "Wow..." I breathed out.

I could feel Loki's gaze on me but I ignored it

I could feel Loki's gaze on me but I ignored it. I didn't want to miss a thing from this spontaneous trip!

My attention was caught by Thor saying "Heimdall! This is Freya, she is one of the people who helped me capture Loki. Lady Freya this is Heimdall, he operates the Bifrost for us" I turned and saw a 6 foot tall black male with a goatee similar to Tony's and he had warm chestnut brown eyes as he smiled.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Lady Freya" he said before gently taking my hand and placing a gentle kiss on the back of it. My face heated up and I stammered out "T-the pleasure's all mine Mister Heimdall, sir!" He chuckled and said "Just Heimdall, my lady" my face must've been scarlet now as I bowed my head and mumbled out
"O-okay..." Loki's staring had become a full on glare and it didn't help my nerves.

Thankfully Thor laughed and said "Let us make haste Lady Freya! Once we complete Loki's trial I can show you the joys of Asgard!" Thor then grabbed both mine and Loki's wrists and dragged us away.

~~~timeskip~~~
Soon we were in Odin's throne room.

I had been politely introduced to Sif, the warriors three, and Frigga before Odin entered and sat on the luxurious golden throne

I had been politely introduced to Sif, the warriors three, and Frigga before Odin entered and sat on the luxurious golden throne. Frigga took her place by his side and stared sadly at ahead. I stood between Thor and Sif on Odin's left and the warriors three were on Odin's right.

Loki was then brought in by six guards and he was placed in front of Odin "Loki..." Frigga said softly "Hello mother. Have I made you proud?" Loki asked mockingly, and I shot him a withering look that he seemed to take discomfort in "Please. Don't make this worse" she said before glancing at me. I looked at her confused, but when Loki saw what held her gaze he became compliant.

"Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes, Loki? Wherever you go there is war, ruin, and death" Odin said glaring down at Loki who in response said "I went down to Midgard to rule the people as a benevolent god.....just like you" I barely withheld my scoff at that "We are not gods. We are born, we love, we die just as humans do" Loki shrugged and said in a joking mood "Give or take a thousand years."