[17] Caught by Kamisato

"So. You're not actually the Fatui, are you?"

The moment Ayato utters that phrase, the first thing that came into your mind was that you do not feel great. There's no painful regret yet, but you can feel your body beginning to grow cold and it might be due to the sickness crawling up on you. Or because of Ayato.

You internally groan but masked a smile. You crossed your arms in an attempt to control yourself.

The last thing you ever need right now is to get sick, not when you've started adjusting into this closed-off nation. You're not even sure what caused you to get even more nauseous, either from the ice-cold rain or Ayato's awful cooking.

You hope it's not going to be a strange magical virus that causes you to fly or something, that wouldn't end well. But that would be an interesting outcome.

Paimon shakes your shoulders to get you to respond to Ayato, leading you to wrap your arms tightly around yourself when the quaking motion brings a surge of dizziness up your forehead.

Yeah, you're getting more sick.

Paimon quickly draws her hand back, and you turn to see a worried expression on her face.

Then you hastily fix yourself up in order to not raise any worry amongst everyone in the room. Nope, screw that. You don't need your friends to fret about something as insignificant as a stomach ache.

However, when you raised your head, a concerned look was visible on Ayato's face.

Although he was about to say something, you cut him off.

"Oh don't make that face, Sir Yashiro Commissioner, I'm okay." You sighed and scratched your forehead. "Okay okay, I'll fess up now. Since you're a Kamisato, surely you're trustable since Ayaka is your sister."

'Now that I think about it, where is she?'

Paimon smiles as you finally confessed, meanwhile the rest of your group was rather confused on what to do next. Perhaps you decided to bring matters to your own hands.

The Yashiro Commissioner clasps his hands together with a grin.

"Ah, so you finally confess the truth. I like that. Now, we can officially introduce ourselves." He glances over to Thoma, who stood up and walked over to you.

"Hey windblume," Venti whispered over your shoulder. "Are you sure we should let go of our disguises? You seem a little tense lately."

"Nah, I'm good. Let's just relax for now" You replied to him

"Alright then, suit yourself." He looks at you knowingly. "Just know that we'll remain by your side should you feel stressed."

You nod as Thoma re-introduces all of you.

"Welcome, at last, to the Kamisato residence, honored guests. The Yashiro Commissioner and Miss Kamisato are delighted to finally meet you." Thoma says. "And I'm also honored to meet you too, Cavalry Captain." he looks over to him.

Kaeya takes off his mask disguise and replies. "Oh, I hadn't known that word of us already spread quite fast within Inazuma. Did they also recount the crimes we committed in Liyue?"

Paimon shushes Kaeya "We don't talk about what happened in Liyue"

"Well, not quite. But since I originally came from Mondstadt, I have heard of you and the famous uncrowned prince of Mondstadt." Thoma adds, rather nervously. "I just didn't expect to meet such well-known people in a situation like this."

"Honestly, I'm just rather impressed by the fact that any international news enters this closed-off nation at all." Diluc mutters, crossing his arms.

"Heh, well, there's a reason why the people of Inazuma already knew why our dear Traveler was going to come." Thoma gestures to you. "And we're also aware of your arrival, Mr. Raghvinder and Sir Alberich."